4mil Cub questions

Loc

I am planning on building a 4mil Cub engine. I am going to list the parts I plan on running with the bike and let me know if this is a good setup or if I should change somethings around. The bike is going to be run for sand drags and dunes. Also will the cub cylinders require any port work or will they run the 4mil setup out of the box. Also do you recommend changing any bearing on the crank before installing. I am looking for a bike that will run around 90hp on gas and hoping this setup can make it happen.

All new parts

-68mm Cub Cylinders

-Wiseco 4mil long rod 115 crank

-68mm Wiseco pistons

-Coolhead 20cc Domes cut

-Mikuni 34mm Carbs

-CPI inframe drag pipes

-Fast clutch

I am planning on building a 4mil Cub engine. I am going to list the parts I plan on running with the bike and let me know if this is a good setup or if I should change somethings around. The bike is going to be run for sand drags and dunes. Also will the cub cylinders require any port work or will they run the 4mil setup out of the box. Also do you recommend changing any bearing on the crank before installing. I am looking for a bike that will run around 90hp on gas and hoping this setup can make it happen.

All new parts

-68mm Cub Cylinders

-68mm Wiseco pistons

-Coolhead 20cc Domes cut

-Mikuni 34mm Carbs

-CPI inframe drag pipes

-Fast clutch

The cub cylinders do not require any port work out of the box. I think you're going to need a drag port though to reach atleast 90hp on race gas.

Whithout a port job what would I see for numbers. Also by race gas I am going to be using 110 octane.

I already bought a set of 34mm Mikuni carbs so I guess I will run those for now.

Whithout a port job what would I see for numbers. Also by race gas I am going to be using 110 octane.

I already bought a set of 34mm Mikuni carbs so I guess I will run those for now.

Pm Kevin, username KEVSWS6, on here or call him at the # in my sig. He will be willing to answer any of the questions you have with your build. He's one of the nicest guys I have had the chance of dealing with.

I ran that same setup with shear inframes and pwk 35's on the 110 octane and it hit 80HP on the dyno. I would change to a TZ on the clutch side and a max load bearing for the mag side. your probably gonna need a lockout and possibly a override,cause it's hit or miss on shifting with a stock tranny on 4mil cubs. oh yeah mine was drag ported by HJR and it was a considerable difference over out the box. jeff

I ran that same setup with shear inframes and pwk 35's on the 110 octane and it hit 80HP on the dyno. I would change to a TZ on the clutch side and a max load bearing for the mag side. your probably gonna need a lockout and possibly a override,cause it's hit or miss on shifting with a stock tranny on 4mil cubs. oh yeah mine was drag ported by HJR and it was a considerable difference over out the box. jeff

what do they do to the cubs for porting??lower or raise exhaust ports/tranfers??make intake bigger??

I am looking for a bike that will run around 90hp on gas and hoping this setup can make it happen.

All new parts

-68mm Cub Cylinders

-68mm Wiseco pistons

-Coolhead 20cc Domes cut

-Mikuni 34mm Carbs

-CPI inframe drag pipes

-Fast clutch

Suggestions to add to the list:

Pingel

Lockout

TZ/Max Load

N1-5 Duneable Override

Billet Basket (straight-cut gears for added reliability, but not necessarily needed)

39PWK Keihins for gas

Drag port

Shearers (maybe the new pipes coming out soon)

what do they do to the cubs for porting??lower or raise exhaust ports/tranfers??make intake bigger??

Before porting:

beforecr.jpg

After HJR drag port:

afterg.jpg

Kevin told me what he did to it. You will have to talk to him about the details involved with his porting. I did notice a difference before and after...

You will definitely want a duneable override,one of the best mods you can do on a bike like that.Without one you won't be happy.

I agree, even if the stock trannsmission shifts, this is a must have if you are wanting to line it up...

What problems will I have if I dont run the override transmission.

The only problem you may have is shifting under power...

I had a problem shifting between 3rd and 4th gears. I would have to let off the power and let the engine wind down a lot before it would shift into 4th. On flat ground, it was a little more forgiving, but on the hill, it was terrible. There is nothing like having all that power and not hitting 4th on the hill. Very frustrating...

Some people seem to not have any trouble shifting, but I can tell you from experience, there is nothing better than shifting at full throttle. I gained a bike length or two on the hill when I switched to an override. After riding one for 2 years now, hours and hours of dune riding (even with an override), hundreds of passes up and down the hill in the sand, I would not run a cub without a duneable override...