I didn't realize 90% of BansheeHQ members were morons.

Tyler...do you know if these guys build pipes for snomobiles?

If so, and if it's the same SRP...they've been in the biz for quite some time.

I never put Sniper or Snyper together with SRP....

Could be. The way it sounded when I talked to him is that he has been doing this for a very long time. It wouldn't surprise me a bit. I actually don't know if it's Sniper or Snyper. I just thought the Snyper with a Y looked cool. Haha.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started this post to call out CAMATV for talking shit on BansheeHQ members on another site. That's a pretty dick move as far as I'm concerned, especially when he is referring to 90% of the members.

I am a sponsor here and like the site. One word of criticism though, your comments here set the tone for the members and I for one think this type of dialoque by the site owner is unacceptable. Site sponsors expect 100% professionalism. This is not an attack on Tyler or the way he manages this site, he does a great job. Here, in this case, I believe he made an error in judgment.

Jerry

I am a sponsor here and like the site. One word of criticism though, your comments here set the tone for the members and I for one think this type of dialoque by the site owner is unacceptable. Site sponsors expect 100% professionalism. This is not an attack on Tyler or the way he manages this site, he does a great job. Here, in this case, I believe he made an error in judgment.

Jerry

Jerry, I do see where you're coming from. I agree about professionalism to a certain extent, however all of the members here know that BansheeHQ has always been a pretty tight knit group of guys. I have been around for 10 years and have always stuck my neck out to defend BansheeHQ's great member base. In this situation I sort of feel like I am doing that again, by showing these guys I actually care about them and how they are perceived, as opposed to some other ATV sites out there where the members are just a number.

I feel like by treating these guys like my family it keeps them more interested in the site. Making them feel like they are welcome here regardless of bike, knowledge or status sets BansheeHQ apart from other sites. This keeps the members coming back and also helps the site bring in new members. Returning members and new members buy parts from all of the sponsors and that is a good thing. It means I am doing my job as the site owner. Remember, I don't do this to get rich. I do this because I like talking with the members, meeting them, riding with them and helping them out. I can't imagine a day when I will sit back and let someone say ridiculous things about my members.

I guess I just don't understand why CAMATV would throw out that slam to 90% of the members here on BansheeHQ. It was not warranted in any way and I still maintain that BansheeHQ has some of the best and brightest members around. To make a broad blanket statement like that is pretty much uncalled for considering the amount of time he spends on BansheeHQ. Maybe he has a reason for his statement but I seriously doubt it.

No problems here but I firmly believe forums take their cues from the administrator. All informational sites should be professional and steer clear of conflict. On par with this is, for example, a sponsors decision to beat a dead horse over and over when talking about a bad deal he got on a trade. I am all for free speech but that type of conversation in public is bad for their business even though it may be truthful. Our natural tendency is to steer away from conflict. We do this on a conscious level and subconscious level. The more we subconsciously associate a business or product or brand with conflict the less likely we are to get near to it. Not many will consciously give a black mark to hq because of a conflict but most do on a subconscious level. Marketing and sales is all about subconscious manipulation and conflict always is anti. In the end everyone likes "happy happy happy". Again this is a great site and you are a great manager of the site. I send customers here all the time to get banshee info.

No problems here but I firmly believe forums take their cues from the administrator. All informational sites should be professional and steer clear of conflict. On par with this is, for example, a sponsors decision to beat a dead horse over and over when talking about a bad deal he got on a trade. I am all for free speech but that type of conversation in public is bad for their business even though it may be truthful. Our natural tendency is to steer away from conflict. We do this on a conscious level and subconscious level. The more we subconsciously associate a business or product or brand with conflict the less likely we are to get near to it. Not many will consciously give a black mark to hq because of a conflict but most do on a subconscious level. Marketing and sales is all about subconscious manipulation and conflict always is anti. In the end everyone likes "happy happy happy". Again this is a great site and you are a great manager of the site. I send customers here all the time to get banshee info.

I can definitely see where you're coming from. It's pretty hard for me to not speak up when it comes to something as personal as BansheeHQ is to me. The same goes for any of my sponsors. If I saw someone badmouthing them unnecessarily I would absolutely speak up to defend them. While I do agree that members will follow the example of an administrator or owner, I think that could play both ways. The members see me passionately sticking up for them and the sponsors and would hopefully do the same like I know they have before.

I agree it is a fine line when it comes to this sort of thing. As the owner of BansheeHQ I do catch myself refraining from saying a lot of the things I used to say. I do always try to remain neutral. In this case, I took the side of the very members that make this place a great spot for information. I thought they should know what someone was saying about them.

well lets wait until camatv replies to this, although he'll bitch out probably, an i'll talk banshee theology all day and i'll bet money i know more an can do more performance work an such than him. cant even tighten there chains, come on come up with something better than that, like 90 percent cant adjust there valves when they stage 3 hotcam there banshees :evil:

Prolly best just to delete this topic

Cut your losses

We still love you

We're just supposed to ignore the bad comment a fellow member made? I don't think so. I guess he thought he was making it behind our backs, and that no one here would ever find out. If he had any balls at all, he would have posted it here, but he didn't.