NEW INFRAMES

PassionRE

We just had a window of one hour on Saturday. If we would have had more dyno time we would have changed pipes and tuned. We mainly wanted a base line on alcohol. We will go to the track for testing. Our drag strip in Tulsa is closed all of this year. To test three sets of pipes and tune all of them on gas and alcohol is going to take more runs than we will be able to make on one Friday session at Atoka. What about Mooreland? When will they test & tune again? If there is a more known dyno shop than Santrax's close to us somebody will need to tell us where it is. Two really big builders know them and has use them many times being Mccoy and Andy. They could probably tell you more about them than I could. We would like to go to another dyno for a second opinion to validate our pipes. We have dynoed many times on Fastracks Dynostar with all of the prototypes with virtually the same results but he is just now getting his name out there and is not well known yet. By looking at the temperature and humidity, the run conditions were better on the day of the gas test. One thing the correction factor don't do is compensate for the water grains in the air and it was bad on Saturday. 99 on Saturday with a density altitude of 3,546 and 61 and 2,755 density altitude on the Thursday that we did the gas runs. The true correction factor on Saturday was actually 109.1 and not 106. We did not really give the alcohol test a fair chance not raising the compression and adding some timing but we will do it again.

I think that Sandtrax's dyno is a very fair dyno in the industry. He has had a dyno longer than any of us in the area. When we bought our dyno we tested a bike on Sandtrax's dyno then on ours to get a good comparison so I think testing on that dyno jet is more than fair.

One of my customers is building another track right here in nowata. Since the last one shut down there just isnt anywhere for anybody to race. The track will not have timers at least to start it will be a similar setup to what the marrs's had at there track.

The dyno jet shows the correction right at the top of the page the gas runs were 1.04 and the alky were 1.06 or basically adding 4% and 6%

Looks like I am the one eating crow here.

And I apologize 100%.

I got Sandtrax and Fasttracks mixed up.

I thought it was the other way around, Sandtrax was the novice dyno tuner and Fasttracks was the guy that has been around in your area for quite some time (that I knew Andy @ M&M used as well as Nate...)

So...for that I'm truly sorry. That's a good thing that Sandtrax and Fasttracks are getting similar results. Sandtrax is the known standard in that area...

Again, my fault, 100%...and I apologize for the mixup.

IMO...24HP from gas to meth is a stretch...however, ETs will show big time if so.

The Peak HP from gas to meth is within the average of 5 to 10% improvement...

It only around 8 percent improvemnet in peak HP, pretty typical really. Could have been better with domes and timing but I was trying to compare fuel to fuel only, not build to build. I easily could have gained 2-5 lbs more tq. with domes and timing. The 24hp increase at 9000 is what it is...reality

Jim, did lonnie let off at the end or did the motor sign off that quickly?

Andy it was wingin pretty hard, Ed let out pretty fast..but the chart shows pretty decent over-rev considering everything else the pipe was doing.

Looks like I am the one eating crow here.

And I apologize 100%.

I got Sandtrax and Fasttracks mixed up.

I thought it was the other way around, Sandtrax was the novice dyno tuner and Fasttracks was the guy that has been around in your area for quite some time (that I knew Andy @ M&M used as well as Nate...)

So...for that I'm truly sorry. That's a good thing that Sandtrax and Fasttracks are getting similar results. Sandtrax is the known standard in that area...

Again, my fault, 100%...and I apologize for the mixup.

No problem, we chose this dyno on purpouse mainly because of questioned validity of the other dyno we use from some of my more vocal critics in the past...enough said...Jim

Edited by PassionRE

whats wrong with maybe heading to the dunes for a day? i know its hot as heck out right now but the early morning is pretty nice and the evening's aren't too bad if you had a similar bike to compare them to and it was a constant you could try things and race back to back a few times.? kinda how i judge changes at times..

there is a dyno in garden city that GP has you might talk to kevin gigot about that? not sure if you would want to drive that far? but i bet he could arrange a full day of time if needed?

Edited by camatv

Here's the reason I prefer the track over the dunes.

Lights and timers don't lie....(well, most of the time).

The dunes around here are who rolls the start and who keeps it pinned longer when it gets whooped out.

Don't get me wrong...dunes are fun...but no one every won money or a trophy or set any records for dune racing, just too many inconsistencies.

Maybe Andy can get everybody together after that new track opens up. We enjoyed coming to old Nowata track and don't think we missed even one race. We have not been out in almost a year. There is just no where to go around here. Is meeting up at Whitefield OK for some hand flag races too far for everybody? Going to a all day test and tune somewhere would be better. If everybody got together and wanted to race at Extreme world, Maybe David would open the track for that but last time he had a race there were only three racers that showed up. So everybody can see why it is closed.

how much longer tell these hit ? will these be inframe and oof? ... as a duner i look for most power i can pull wit out having to have pipes hangin off the side ... as they dont jump well...lol...i have a drag port 421cub on 35pwks...running 110.... wit shears on now... really like to think there is more out there to buy for this type of motor besides cpi and shear....or am i stuck in the same spot everyone else is... lol

DiSkOe*1

Hang in there Diskoe, as soon as our next round of stampings is in we'll be pumping them out. Hopefully by Fall we'll be in full production. Any well built 421 will have the advantage with this pipe...Jim

We all went to extreme world a couple of times and it was very unorganized and only bracket racing. We tried to tell him we wanted some heads up racing and he would just tell us this is heads up just heads up with ET. I tried to tell him if we aren't starting at the same time its bracket racing and nobody wants to do that. On top of that we set there for almost 4 hours waiting on it to start, dialed in like 4 times, it was ridiculous, so i doubt we go back. The local track will be alot like the Marr's place was just test and tune maybe with some organized races every once in a while. Probably will be just arms drop maybe even a go light but i doubt a et, or even win light, at least at first. I be sure and let everybody know when he is going to let us come out a tear it up.

We all went to extreme world a couple of times and it was very unorganized and only bracket racing. We tried to tell him we wanted some heads up racing and he would just tell us this is heads up just heads up with ET. I tried to tell him if we aren't starting at the same time its bracket racing and nobody wants to do that. On top of that we set there for almost 4 hours waiting on it to start, dialed in like 4 times, it was ridiculous, so i doubt we go back. The local track will be alot like the Marr's place was just test and tune maybe with some organized races every once in a while. Probably will be just arms drop maybe even a go light but i doubt a et, or even win light, at least at first. I be sure and let everybody know when he is going to let us come out a tear it up.

Thanks for the update Andy. Ive got a few things Im ready to run and test.