NEW INFRAMES

PassionRE

Sorry...RB...I'll just agree to disagree.

Tim @ Titan (as well as others I'm sure) will tell you he'll cut a set of domes for a particular motor, for a particular setup, etc.

After that, he can't control what people sell/use that for, if someone else buys the setup, etc.

As a manufacturer of anything, you can only control it's distribution to the original customer...past that...nadda....especially in this type of sport.

Sorry...RB...I'll just agree to disagree.

Tim @ Titan (as well as others I'm sure) will tell you he'll cut a set of domes for a particular motor, for a particular setup, etc.

After that, he can't control what people sell/use that for, if someone else buys the setup, etc.

As a manufacturer of anything, you can only control it's distribution to the original customer...past that...nadda....especially in this type of sport.

I would have to agree with Dave for the most part...

It would be nice if the pipe builder could supply a spec card for the specified pipe / engine combination for the original purchaser, but if the original purchaser should sell them, then that info should be passed along or shared between him / her and the next potential owner.

So that should come down to the next purchaser to do their homework / inquiries and if the the original purchaser cannot supply the info, then maybe the deal should be avoided.

Ultimately not holding the pipe designers / builders responsible for such nonsense if original purchaser should be passing along a product without proper info / specs..

Just my thoughts,

Mike

If Possible, they could stamp a number into the pipe and record the specs on their end...but now we're talking a lot of extra work for the manufacturer, and that cost is going to be passed down to the consumer...where I'd rather see anyone taking on a venture like this spending time and money in R&D and performance, rather than inventory control.

It would be kind of like the shock companies that record what the shock was originally setup for when it was ordered from them, (weight & swingrm) I think it would be fairly easy to record a serial number and what it was for, I'm sure they are doing some paperwork at the same time. Could even help to get something stolen recovered.

My advice is if you buy their pipe...they can have you take several measurements and tell you what it was built for.

But I honestly think serial numbers and tracking is asking too much of the builders and the cost would be incurred by the customer (rightfully so...) and just not be worth it.

These guys aren't building these by guessing...they know which section of pipe does what and how...as long as you can read a mic and give them info ...they should be spot on in their reply to you.

how much longer tell these hit ? will these be inframe and oof? ... as a duner i look for most power i can pull wit out having to have pipes hangin off the side ... as they dont jump well...lol...i have a drag port 421cub on 35pwks...running 110.... wit shears on now... really like to think there is more out there to buy for this type of motor besides cpi and shear....or am i stuck in the same spot everyone else is... lol

DiSkOe*1

My advice is if you buy their pipe...they can have you take several measurements and tell you what it was built for.

But I honestly think serial numbers and tracking is asking too much of the builders and the cost would be incurred by the customer (rightfully so...) and just not be worth it.

These guys aren't building these by guessing...they know which section of pipe does what and how...as long as you can read a mic and give them info ...they should be spot on in their reply to you.

Have you ever tried to measure the sections of a stamped pipe? Its not cut and dry like measuring sections of a coned pipe. It is slightly more difficult. Pipes are often more desirable then domes and are traded more second and third hand. Maybe asking for a serial number is too much, but I was just making a suggestion since they asked if anyone else had any concerns. I still think that they should issue them with a spec card, that way you know FOR SURE what you have (as a first time buyer of course).

Gary and I ran a quick methanol test this weekend for a baseline run in order to get a direction for the methanol version of the inframe. The two power curves are the same engine, only methanol and sparkplugs were different. no other changes. This pipe was developed on GAS but the methanol test was promising in the least. We were mainly verifying how it would react to methanol and it acted as expected. This is the standard inframe Assasin pipe on 421 CUB.. For you guys not familiar with methanol, this is a good representation of what you gain from it. How's an extra 24HP@9000rpm?...I like it..Jim

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/passionre/dyno19.jpg

Edited by PassionRE

So...

Let me be objective here.

You didn't change compression, dome design, timing, etc. for methanol, just plugs and fuel (and carbs/carb setup, obviously)..

When are you going to take these to a track and get a handful of runs vs. other pipes to get a real world?

Don't get me wrong, based on the dyno runs look promising.

However....

In my opinion, they're not very valid.

They're done 23 days apart....what about some back to back? Same temps, humidity, etc.

Also...and again, this is just my opinion, not much is known about this sand trax dyno. There are other dynos in the area that are more known...aside from track time slips, a "second opinion" from a more known dyno would do your pipes justice...

So...

Let me be objective here.

You didn't change compression, dome design, timing, etc. for methanol, just plugs and fuel (and carbs/carb setup, obviously)..

When are you going to take these to a track and get a handful of runs vs. other pipes to get a real world?

Don't get me wrong, based on the dyno runs look promising.

However....

In my opinion, they're not very valid.

They're done 23 days apart....what about some back to back? Same temps, humidity, etc.

Also...and again, this is just my opinion, not much is known about this sand trax dyno. There are other dynos in the area that are more known...aside from track time slips, a "second opinion" from a more known dyno would do your pipes justice...

If you look at the run data the alky run was done in warmer weather with more humidity which tells me if the runs were done back to back that there would have been more of a gain switching over to alky. I do however agree that there should be some independent testing, especially when there is another dyno right up the road. The pipes do look promising and I guess validation will come in due time.

Yep...higher temps and higher humidity is what I saw too.

What I don't see is what correction factors were used.

I know Jim has worked with this dyno before....results from the track and from a second dyno would really cement his case for the performance of these pipes.

I agree...they look very, very promising!!

I can't wait until they start putting out intakes and really get the whole thing tuned in!!