CAUTION ABOUT TRADES AND TAKING SOMEONES WORD

SD1026

SO MY BUDDY TRADED HIS 450R WITH A BRAND NEW TOP END CLEAN BIKE.NEVER TRADE IN THE DARK.SO THE BIKE SUPPOSEDLY HAD THE LIST OF THINGS BELOW. TUTH IS THAT IT HAS PORTED 100 OVER CYLINDERS MISSING CYLINDER SKIRTS CASES ARE HELD TOGETHER WITH HIGH TEMP SILICONE 21 CC DOMES STOCK REEDS ON PORTED BANSHEE BOYZ CAGES PAINTED REAR FENDER.SO I TOOK THE BIKE FOR A RUN AND BOOM PICS BELOW. PICS TELL THE STORY.

cyl2-1.jpg

cyl1-1.jpg

cyl3-1.jpg

ENGINE|DRIVE SYSTEM:

NEW WEISO PRO LITE PISTONS .30 OVER

HOT RODS CRANK

TUSK HEAVY DUTY CLUTCHES AND SPRINGS

TRINITY STAGE 5 2 INTO 1 CARB KIT WITH 35MM PKW CARB WITH AIR FILTER AND OUTERWEAR

BOYSEN DUEL STAGE REEDS WITH STOCK PORTED CAGES

PRO CIRCUIT PIPES

TOOMEY RADIATOR WITH RADIATOR COOLERS

PRO DESIGN COOL HEAD 20CC DOMES

NEW KICK START SHAFT

DYNATECH PROGRAMABLE IGNITION

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125942&st=0&p=1089096&fromsearch=1entry1089096

Edited by SD1026

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This trade involved a member from the HQ

If he would like to chime in, than so be it.

A friend of mine, traded his 450r for this shee.

Person swore up and down that the top end was fresh, and he just bought the pistons and it was .30 over.

LIE.... Bike is .100 and was assembled poorly.

Bike was running well in the beginning, after maybe 30 mins on the second ride the motor locked up.

Pulled it apart when we got back to the truck and that is what we found.

Pistons where not what he said and neither where the domes.

The skirt on the cylinder was missing, its not in the motor, so it seems that it was broken off before the motor was assembled????

I guess you live and you learn, The kid got the better of the deal from the beginning, but my friend didn't care at all bc he was just happy that he was getting a shee, well seems like the trade just got worse.

I know that i couldnt do this to someone, I mean eventually the truth would come out about what bore the motor is on and etc...

Easier to be honest from the start, was already getting a sweet deal off of a trade.

I wont start bashing the shee, but it wasnt pretty at all.

I cant say much, bc either way they made the trade and both parties where okay with it, but the bike didnt look like that when i seen it.

banshee came with bald ass old tires/rims, broken stator cover, welded frame, faded/painted rear plastics etc..

eatin air YIKES!!!

i bet it DID have a new top end its just that the piston to wall clearance was SO big it blew the skirt off the first time it started up and luckly (kinda) it all blew out the pipe? i have seen that before. sucks what happened. if the bike was that shitty i would have backed out of the deal..

i hate misrepresented banshee's on craigslist or the cheapo's i see every once in a while i'd rather just KNOW whats wrong if the seller knows. dosent mean i'm NOT going to buy it...

Danm that sucks ass. Hopefully someone got there ass beat... Something like that happened to my friend, he bought a banshee off this guy that said it was only like 40 over or something and recently rebuilt. The first time we took it out he blew a rod bearing and wasted his cylinder, piston and dome. We tore it down and come to find out it was 100 over as well. Oh well it gave him an excuse to build a 4mil. It's out at F.A.S.T now and should be getting it back soon. Well best of luck to you and hope you have some words with the guy that traded it.

Person claims that he bought the .30 over pistons and installed them. Also said he would have never put the cylinders back on with out a cylinder skirt missing. So truth be told the bike is .100 over and a skirt is mia any other opinions where it could be. Me and the kid have been in contact and I'm honest about the condition of the bike and the disappointment the day light brought. So he comes back with oh the cam berring is bad on the 450r. Then I tell him the news about the banshee blowing up and the truth on the motor what do u know he calls me 24hrs later and says oh the 450 blew up on me today. Later found out he put 93 in a high compression motor. I was clear with him that it is a high compression piston and it needs 110.

Person claims that he bought the .30 over pistons and installed them. Also said he would have never put the cylinders back on with out a cylinder skirt missing. So truth be told the bike is .100 over and a skirt is mia any other opinions where it could be. Me and the kid have been in contact and I'm honest about the condition of the bike and the disappointment the day light brought. So he comes back with oh the cam berring is bad on the 450r. Then I tell him the news about the banshee blowing up and the truth on the motor what do u know he calls me 24hrs later and says oh the 450 blew up on me today. Later found out he put 93 in a high compression motor. I was clear with him that it is a high compression piston and it needs 110.

your engine looks a lot like the pile of junk motor that i bought from that group of numbnuts out of barbourville, ky.

that motor was most likely put together with that cylinder skirt missing after it had been blown up.

torn down and thrown back together for a quick turn around.

your engine looks a lot like the pile of junk motor that i bought from that group of numbnuts out of barbourville, ky.

that motor was most likely put together with that cylinder skirt missing after it had been blown up.

torn down and thrown back together for a quick turn around.

I couldn't agree more. There are just isn't a nice way to put this in words. So I will keep posting pics. The cases will be split tonight after the flywheel get cut off do to it being self welded on the crank basically.

This shit just doesn't roll. Damn.

I always try make extra sure when buying stuff. I have have Vin and Engine nr's checked for stolen goods. You can never be too careful with stuff like that.

It's just unacceptable that people can do stuff like that without a conscience(if that was the case - although evidence seems rather conclusive).

it stinks that people try to trade away junk and then expect to get away with it. as a member on the HQ i know that i would be held accountable by my friends on here and the other members of the HQ for any bad deal i am a part of. i think its only right that since you posted this up for all of us to learn from, that you should let us know who it is that did this disgusting thing to your friend. all of us on here basically have only our WORD to back us up on this site. we need to start slowly weeding out all of the people with bad intentions and trickery in their systems out of here. i know a few people on here that have been burned and this has got to stop. please share the info. its not fair to alot of members on here who go out of their way to keep their names clean, and in good standing.