Porting a Banshee witha stock exhaust

Klaus

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, im really intrested in the junk inside the stock pipes, im wondering why yamaha would spend more time and money to put junk in the pipes that just decreases peformance, wouldnt they rather have a faster cheaper machine? plus id really like pics of what the things that go in the pipes look like, thanks.

im wondering why yamaha would spend more time and money to put junk in the pipes that just decreases peformance, wouldnt they rather have a faster cheaper machine?

So when you modify it and get hurt you cant sue yamaha for making a deadly unsafe product.

So how would you explain R-1 , R-6 , Hybusa? Plus at a lower state of tune it would last longer before it blew up.

like this- r1, r6, hybusa are street bikes, made for asphault and concrete roads, but nothing else. the banshee, and all 4wheelers for that matter, are all-terrain calssified, which ironicslly does not include the road terrain. it's just classification restrictions, the same as what happened when the power was restricted to something like 150 in the 70's for sports cars, but tractors were still unlimited. that is also the story behind the big change in advertising bhp and whp. they could take a 350bhp motor and make it read 150 at the wheel

So when you modify it and get hurt you cant sue yamaha for making a deadly unsafe product.

thats bullsh*t, i hate all those sue happy people jumpin at a chance to screw over people, like all the idiots sueing about the yamaha

rhinos, who chose to take that turn at that speed? you did? then guess whos fualt it is???

So how would you explain R-1 , R-6 , Hybusa? Plus at a lower state of tune it would last longer before it blew up.

How do you explain no one else topping suzuki's ltz500 quadzilla from the 80's at 49 hp from the factory. People where killing them selfs left and right and suzuki got sued. Since then the atv mfg's restricted the hp their machines produced from the factory.

There is also another that makes atv's different from mc's. There is deffinatly a false sence of secuity with atv's. People assume they are safer due to the fact they have 4 wheels. So some one that completly has no clue on what they are doing is more likley to buy a new atv vs. a mc.

How do you explain no one else topping suzuki's ltz500 quadzilla from the 80's at 49 hp from the factory. People where killing them selfs left and right and suzuki got sued. Since then the atv mfg's restricted the hp their machines produced from the factory.

There is also another that makes atv's different from mc's. There is deffinatly a false sence of secuity with atv's. People assume they are safer due to the fact they have 4 wheels. So some one that completly has no clue on what they are doing is more likley to buy a new atv vs. a mc.

dam, ive always wanted a quadzilla, they look freak'n fast. plus its not suzukis fault if some idiot decides to jump on the fastest quad made and get themselves hurt, its the persons fault for riding beyond their ability.

• 4 weeks later...

No pics yet fellas? My banshees been sitting for a few weeks or so. I finally have it all together except I need pipes, so I took my buddies stock pipes off the wall(no silencers), and took a rip. I got my quick fix but I'm wondering how stock open headers flow compared to let's say some fmfs that have silencers on them?

it seems everyone in the area here threw their stock pipes away one guy dosent want to sell his????? after buying t-5's of course i'm not paying 100 bucks for a set either. and ebay is litter'd with them do they EVER actaully sell those things? i mean really 49 bucks for ONE pipe and 35+ bucks for ONE silencers. what the hell..

i can cut them and mod them no problem right now its just finding a set!? i'd even take pics of everything.

• 2 years later...

Hey guys I'm pretty new to the forum and the topic caught my eye. Only because I have a 04 banshee Yamaha blue with stock pipes, stock carbs, 17/40 gearing, full drag porting done by robs performance, shaved head, advanced timing to +7, std hot rods crank, bored .40 over to 65mm WSM pistons, and running avgas. With me rising the bike I top out around 97 and I weigh about 220. My a lighter person on a good day it will break 100. With all this work the bike has even very reliable. Haven't really taken it to the track or anything but it moves real good off the line and through all the gears. I have a couple videos on YouTube on my channel.