im gonna burn my banshee

cheeta

ok so heres the story one day i went to start my bike and it wouldn't start so i started messing with it and it had low compression so i rebuilt it with new pistons and a new crank just to be safe(it was a used crank the rebuild before and i just wanted new) and i had the cylinders bored for the pistons. now i got it all back together and it still wont start. i did a leakdown test and it held 8psi for 7 mins didnt lose 1/2 a psi i compressin checked it and 120 on both sides it is getting good spark and it is getting gas. i tried going up and down in jets and no change i cleaned and inspected the carbs they are synced i have no tors and the box is gone i had the timing at +4 and i tried it at stock. the bike always ran. if i kick it like 40 times it will start and i have to hold it at 1/4 throttal to keep it running revving at like 3000 drop below that and it dies instantley but i can warm it up and clear it right out and it revs good but if i let the rev drop it dies instantley. and it seems like when ever i take the plugs out and put them back in and try to kick it it will sound like it wants to start on the first kick but after that it wont start for about 40 kicks i have been working on this for like a week and cant get it to run and im about to give up and prolly sell it like it is

i tried everything i know and everything i read on here and still nothing so im hoping someone on here can point something out that i missed and yes i have the choke balance tube in my buddie asked me that 30 times already and its fresh gas

Edited by cheeta

Mine was a bitch to start for a while, I had the carb bowls on the wrong sides. Switched them, starts easy all the time now. The carb with the little brass ball bearing on the front of the bowl goes on the choke side.

your case may be filled with fuel. I rebuilt a banshee that wouldnt start, had good fuel/spark/compression but it would run or it would barely run and I took the cylinders off and the case had tons of fuel in the case so I sucked it out with a windex squirter and it ran after a new top end. but for the three days I tried to figure out the issue I wanted to push it off a cliff. When I took the exhausts off they had fuel sitting in them which was what led me to beleive there was fuel in the case