thoughts on R.I.S. designs

323manshee

i have never in my life heard of R.I.S building banshee motors. that alone would make me never use them.

That is what I was saying. They probably take the "Too Cool For the Room" attitude. Yea were to buisy making shiny billit trinkets so we send our cylinders out. Then later on down the road claim to build a B.A. banshee's taking all the credit. I have no problem with out sourcing, but I will just send it to the man my self. No need for the middle man to add in his cut.

Well said people do this shit all the time. They ask for an opinion then argue with you over it. Fucking retards.

Haha I wasn't arguing with anyone bro. I asked peoples opinions and if my mind was made up before I started this thread maybe I was looking for someone to change it? I've actuallly been thinking about sending out my cylinders to herr juggs. Their website goes a lot more into detail about motor work and they have a reputation so those things actually mean something to me also.

I've bought billet parts from RIS in the past. Good quality stuff. But in my opinion, you'd be better off sticking with builders with a good rep. If you go with HJR, don't be surprised when you see his shop. Kevin knows what he is doing, but he doesn't have a huge machine shop like RIS. He works out of his house. He is only a couple hours from you. Give him a call

I've bought billet parts from RIS in the past. Good quality stuff. But in my opinion, you'd be better off sticking with builders with a good rep. If you go with HJR, don't be surprised when you see his shop. Kevin knows what he is doing, but he doesn't have a huge machine shop like RIS. He works out of his house. He is only a couple hours from you. Give him a call

Haha cool man thanks. I was actually just gonna mail them out. And he probably does that to avoid paying taxes lol. Which is a smart thing.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just wanted to add RIS made it right with me on the axle deal. ( at least most of what they promised is here) i'm not going into detail but i did recieve a credit for the parts. it did take some work but they did come through.

i'm happy.

just wanted to add RIS made it right with me on the axle deal. ( at least most of what they promised is here) i'm not going into detail but i did recieve a credit for the parts. it did take some work but they did come through.

i'm happy.

Glad to see they made it right.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ricky, RIS, has All His motor work Done by Rogor At wicked Motorsports. Wicked builds some sick ass Banshee's. Ricky build's some nice customs bike's. He is a great machine shop, but no motor builder.

• 2 months later...

I'm not here to bash any sponsors but there are people out there that do motor work on the same caliber as the sponsers. I'm not saying ris designs is one of them. People on this forum have had good luck with the sponsors andthats great. But don't get mad when he doesn't choose to send his jugs out to the same guy you sent yours too. People on this forum act like high schoolers it's really ridiculous. Maybe I just feel this way cause I'm not in the "cool crowd"

I'm not here to bash any sponsors but there are people out there that do motor work on the same caliber as the sponsers. I'm not saying ris designs is one of them. People on this forum have had good luck with the sponsors andthats great. But don't get mad when he doesn't choose to send his jugs out to the same guy you sent yours too. People on this forum act like high schoolers it's really ridiculous. Maybe I just feel this way cause I'm not in the "cool crowd"

I don't think anyone will disagree that there are other builders out there that do excellent work. BansheeHQ does happen to have some really great sponsors with awesome customer service. Members have good experiences with them and when new members ask about motor work or what have you, they recommend their sponsor of choice.

To say that people here act like high schoolers is a kind of a ridiculous statement. Just because the members like to send new members to sponsors who support the site makes them high schoolers?

I see nothing wrong with recommending the sponsors because they help to keep the site free of charge to people who do not feel like supporting it.

• 4 years later...

* BEWARE *

Some of this review is cut and paste from another reviewer/poster because the incident is almost the same as my experience with RIS Designs.

This guy Ricky Monjaraz at R.I.S. DESIGNS is a SHADY CROOK. He will come up with 101 excuses why you haven’t received your parts from him yet. (Sounds like a 12 year old) Can’t take responsibility for anything.

I purchased a set on handlebars in April of 2015. I was told at the time of purchase by “Ricky”, that it would take 2 ½  weeks to make and received the bars, 4 weeks at the most.

Well that time came and went and the excuses started, just like the other poster stated. (It was like reading it from a script.)  After a ton of email and text messages back and forth with Ricky, I sent a  demand letter for product or refund and a threat of a lawsuit against him and R.I.S. Designs.

A few weeks past; I contacted Ricky and he told me that the refund was sent out. It was not of course. No refund was ever received. No refund was sent. I was then told that my bars would be shipped on or before a certain date. Yep! You guessed it, that date came and went. No Bars. More excuses.

Ricky told me that he wanted to make this right (make it up to me) and said that he would make me a set of matching engine guards free of charge for all of the trouble. I said cool. Ricky later told me that he would add in a set of Braded Stainless coated cables. I said cool, forget the engine guards just send the cables with the handlebars. Ricky said cool he would send the cables with the handlebars.

I finally received my handlebars in November of 2015. The handlebars were okay, (Just okay) for newly made bars, they had rust on them. (Go figure), and on cables!

This guy, will constantly tell you he is a good guy, a family man, ya da ya da ya.. The guy couldn’t tell the truth if his life depended on it. I'm sure he does have a family and maybe he is a good family man. Crappy business man.

Ricky, you are not a good guy because you can’t do what you say and say what you do and there is no accountability. You have no integrity and no respect for the people that you serve and provide you living. You have no problem collecting the money but producing that product and getting it to the customer when you say is severely lacking.

The funny thing is, I read the other reviews on this guy and had done business with RIS Designs and Ricky Monjaraz before in 2013 and I had the same type of results. I guess I didn’t learn the first time. Shame on me.

Oh yeah, after a bunch more emails and texts about the free cables that Ricky promised me, Ricky told me that his “mommy” was taking over and now I was to deal with her and that he was no longer going to be in the loop about this. I was to deal with her now. I contacted her and guess what? Yep.

You can guess how that went; Ricky is his mother’s son.

Does this sound failure to any of you? If you are not local and can’t go knocking on Ricky’s door, do not do business with RIS Designs or Motorcycle Billet Bling, they are the same people.

BEWARE DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS FAMILY!