What stator do you recommend?

I may be looking to get a stator. I dont need anything high output, as I run a dc conversion with a battery. I wanted to see what was the most reliable and well built recommended setup. Dont even recommend a ricky stator or RM stator setup.

Edited by Snopczynski

I may be looking to get a stator. I dont need anything high output, as I run a dc conversion with a battery. I wanted to see what was the most reliable and well built recommended setup. Dont even recommend a ricky stator or RM stator setup.

Stock stator for the win

I would go with a stock stator as my first choice. A stator from Moose/Electrsport would probably be my second choice. Some guys will mention Rick's Electrics, but I had to buy one of their CDI boxes when I went to St. Anthonys, it was the only thing available, and it failed after less than 10 hours of ride time. They did warranty it after a major hassle, but I am now gun shy of their products as a whole.

I run a ricks stator (NOT ricky stator) on my 10mil and stockers on my 4mil and stock stroke. All of them are holding up fine, no issues.

That would be the only aftermarket stator company I would trust. There stuff seems to look pretty good. Do they have that nice green thick coating over the coils like the OEM (gray) stators do?

I sent an email to Rick's Stator asking him for some info on his product, if he'd be interesting in some kind of sponsorship...and told him everyone on all the boards are tired of garbage Chinese Stator products from Ricky Stator and RM stator....

Never a reply, never got back to me, etc.

I've heard Moose Stators are ok. Never ran one, hard to say though.

I learned the hard way. I run an OEM and keep an OEM as a backup...

I sent an email to Rick's Stator asking him for some info on his product, if he'd be interesting in some kind of sponsorship...and told him everyone on all the boards are tired of garbage Chinese Stator products from Ricky Stator and RM stator....

Never a reply, never got back to me, etc.

I've heard Moose Stators are ok. Never ran one, hard to say though.

I learned the hard way. I run an OEM and keep an OEM as a backup...

They are assholes. When I called and told him about the issues I had with TWO of their brand new stators, the owner just had a fuck you attitude and tried to rush me off the phone.

Bought a Rick's Electrics CDI box from the Yamaha dealer in Rexburg, Idaho when I went to St. Anthonys in July 2008. It was the only thing they could get while I was going to be there as it only had to come from Boise. When I got back home to Oregon, it failed. According to my Trail Tech hourmeter I had not put 10 hours on the bike since it was installed. I called Rick's and they said they would not warranty it because there was no record of purchasing it from an authorized dealer. I said that Rexburg Yamaha got it from Western Powersports, who was an authorized wholesaler and that Rexburg Yamaha was an authorized retailer of Western Powersports so that should have been an authorized dealer. I ended up calling Rexburg Yamaha and having them call Rick's Electrics to straighten it out. I was then able to send it back to Rick's for them to INSPECT it. They had it for 2 weeks and I did not hear a thing. I finally called them and they said they could not find it. I threatened them with a post on the BHQ and they said they would call me back within 2 hours. Just as I was about to call them back again after 2.5 hours my phone rings and they said they would warranty it although there was not normally a warranty on CDI boxes, and they said they would ship it out the next day to me. I said they had better warranty it because when you spend $300 on something it should last for more than 10 hours and if they did not warranty it, I would write up a product review of them on BHQ and let everybody know about them. When I got the replacement CDI box, I plugged it in to see if it worked, it did, and I now just carry it as a spare part.