new pipes, just released

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Big Rapids MI and in need of a good looking banshee to fit my new out of frame pipes to, it will take me a few days to play with the design. in return youll get to keep the first set!! let me know, I would like to have a pic of your machine emailed to ThomasBorrink@gmail.com i prefer a modded motor and front fenders cut. Thanks you guys please call with any questions 616 262 8808 Tom

Uh...hello....LOL.

And I'm in St. Clair Shores MI... I can drop a bike off whenever you want.

I've got a stock chassis...and a VERY consistent bike. Look at my bike in my signature pic Tom... I'll send you a few as well.

Uh...hello....LOL.

And I'm in St. Clair Shores MI... I can drop a bike off whenever you want.

I've got a stock chassis...and a VERY consistent bike. Look at my bike in my signature pic Tom... I'll send you a few as well.

Ok, i sent you an email and its sounds like we have a deal, talk to ya soon. Tom 616 262-8808

Heres a few pics ive got back from a customer. He also wrote a pipe review but i havent gotten it yet. should be today somtime. Hope you guys like.

pic yax.jpg

pic 4 yax.jpg

I would definitely take dave up on using his bike, he knows alot of people in the racing community, and he is liked and trusted on many sites! His bike is really clean and is super consistent! He also will write you are really nice review and will straight up tell you how it is.

Just thought I would trow my two cents in there for ya.

Tom, I live in Union, MI about 45 minutes south of Kzoo. Id love to try some OOF's for you. Let me know if you are interested. my email is jdubswmu@yahoo.com

Thx, and let me know.

-JD

You can use the set he's making after I'm done with them...:)

Actually...JD...I have no problem handing them over to you...or any of my other bros to try on their bike.

Each one is different!!

I talked to Tom earlier...I"m going to see him next weekend to deliver a bike.

JD...we're going to need to get some pretty pictures for him to showcase his product.

On a side note...damn shame I didn't know Tom lived in MI.

I would've stopped at his place much sooner...helluva nice guy to talk to on the phone.

I would definitely take dave up on using his bike, he knows alot of people in the racing community, and he is liked and trusted on many sites! His bike is really clean and is super consistent! He also will write you are really nice review and will straight up tell you how it is.

Just thought I would trow my two cents in there for ya.

Talked with Dave, super guy, were gona put some pipes on his bike weekend after mothers day, little bit of testing and we will show you guys what we come up with!! Wanted to add that ive changed one aspect of the inframes im selling here. and that now theres o-rings at the main chamber exit and one at the start cap of the silencer, so you have a bit of adjustability with your stinger tube, some customers like to put hangers on the silencers, hope you guys like!

oring pipes.jpg

Here is a pipe review, This one is from Yaxy, (some of you know him im sure) He tested my pipes when they first were in the design process, the pipes he tested were sent to loco (owner of bansheehq) and he tested them and posted on this thread as well, hope you like!! Thanks Tom

Pipe Ride Report

Conditions:

Partially cloudy

45-50 degrees

Elevation: Approximately 800 ft above sea level

Terrain:

Sandy/Dirt and grass mixture, gravel road

MX track moguls and open areas

Quad:

89 Banshee with following mods

-MX Port

-Pro Design Cool Head (21 cc domes on gas)

-V-Force 2 reeds

-28 FS Mikuni carbs

-Tom’s Pipes

Comments: All testing was done with no jetting work. Quad is currently jetted for FMF Gold Series Pipes as follows: (20 Pilot, 3rd clip on stock 28 fs needle and 280 main) Bike ran exceptional well and only jetting that may have been required would be the main jet.

Idle:

Pipes had no effect on idle speed. Throttle response was instantaneous and was immediately in the revs when applying even the smallest amount of throttle.

Low end:

Once the clutch was disengaged the quad wants to lunge forward. Power was there instantaneously and has exceptional torque while never entering the power band. Compared to the FMF’s the quad came on earlier and harder with the new pipes. A quick blurp of the throttle off a slow idle speed resulted in instant front end loft, which was difficult to do with the FMF’s from low RPM’s.

Mid Range:

Like the FMF’s the bike could be lugged in a higher gear and did not need to be downshifted to accelerate at a good pace. Even in the lug mode once throttle was replied powerband cam on really quick. Once RPM’s were at the fine line of the powerband engagement, instant throttle resulted in an extremely hard hit that resulted in heavy wheel spin. Much harder then the FMF’s. As a result, instant shifting is required unless you run very aggressive tires. The pipes like rapid shifting and encourage it. Once shifting through the gears the power is always there and the front end wants to raise. Pipes accelerate very hard from a dead stop or rolling through the gears.

Top end: (Gravel Road Test)

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the quad was not jetted to the new pipes, wide open throttle was not achieved. However, hard straight line acceleration 1-6 gear was conducted and the bike never left powerband, (more gearing would have been nice), 14-41 is current.

Summary:

From bottom to top the pipes performance is incredible. From lugging through the gears to heavy throttle applications the pipes perform.

i will upload some pictures of my orange/black bike with the r2's tomorrow, and take it for its first test ride with the stock cylinders. Before i switch over to my hjr dune ported cylinders, and 35 pwk's. :cheers:

Sweet, hope they were easy to install. looking forward to your ride review!

You can use the set he's making after I'm done with them...:)

Actually...JD...I have no problem handing them over to you...or any of my other bros to try on their bike.

Each one is different!!

I talked to Tom earlier...I"m going to see him next weekend to deliver a bike.

JD...we're going to need to get some pretty pictures for him to showcase his product.

On a side note...damn shame I didn't know Tom lived in MI.

I would've stopped at his place much sooner...helluva nice guy to talk to on the phone.

Awesome. I would love to get involved and check out a new product. Especially from am MI guy!