Modquad head leak

With all of these modquad heads leaking I would think twice before buying one. I cant believe that they said to just silicone it IMO thats fucked up. Aint that what the orings are for? I have had my vitos hemi head for about 6 years now and I've never had a problem. This sounds like this is something that modquad needs to address.

Modquad makes the Vitos head. There damn near identical..

There is a very easy fix for this.

Get new copper...or I prefer brass washers.

Get Acorn nuts. Put the washers on, put a dab of silicone on the threads of the acorn nuts and torque them down.

I promise you no issues. The center studs are good for leaking. With brass washers and RTV'd acorn nuts they won't. Period.

The Chariot head I have came with heavy duty Chrome Acorn nuts. Not just tough, but very good looking on the bike too.

Filled it up today with coolant, had the stock nuts with yamabond on them, no dice. Picked up some acorn nuts and Permatex non-drying gasket making material, made to seal threaded connections. Filled it up with coolant again, works like a charm! Thanks alot for the help guys. On a side note, dont buy this head! lol Modquad really needs to take this one back to the drawing board!!

I love mine and have had no problems. sell several of them every week. The funny thing is when there compared to the Vitos head. lol. There the same head. I like the one piece design, no need to change head studs and the fact that theres 33% more coolant capacity. If you need to use a little somthin extra to seal it, so be it. Big deal. Your still in it for less than a new pro design. Once you Buy the orings, head studs and domes your in it over $300. Far more than a complete modquad setup, with domes. Oh ya, just my .02. lol.

• 3 years later...