You guys ever run into this problem with your K&N pods?

jon321

See the red arrow pointing to the carb,well the carb hits the dam exhaust coupler if i try to rotate it and i cant use the zip tie trick cause the filters are to close togther.Why is it that the exhaust pipe is angled in further then the other one.The filter on the right side just barley even touches the pipe,I can get a feeler gauge in between that one,that ones not really a problem its the one on the left side. Hey guys throw out some advice or ideas you have to where I could clear that pipe .Thanks

PictureorVideo004.jpg

Just a side view pic of the filter,notice how its not seated flush and it sits sorta angled

PictureorVideo005.jpg

Just a tight ass fit

PictureorVideo003.jpg

This pic here is how much I have for play which is about less then a 1 inch,you guys think that if i had an angled K&N pod that it would clear that pipe?

PictureorVideo008.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have the same issue using paul turners and 38mm pwk carbs. at first i was using a flex tubing from napa, i used a 2.5inch nylon pre heater hose with steel reinforcement. then i decided that its a p.i.t.a. called duncan racing and they said "use a air box". so, what are u waiting for? put it back on, and if your stupid like me and grinded the tabs off he said "use the zip ties they use in law enforcement, they are nere bullet proof". good luck

wow dude that is cluttered under there.

What size carbs and filters are you running.

I was running CPI'S 35's and pods and i still had plenty of room.

I had the angled pods so im guessing thats what helped.

I also have heat wraps on the stinger tubes so I do not burn up my pods or outerwears.

wow dude that is cluttered under there.

What size carbs and filters are you running.

I was running CPI'S 35's and pods and i still had plenty of room.

I had the angled pods so im guessing thats what helped.

I also have heat wraps on the stinger tubes so I do not burn up my pods or outerwears.

the carbs are 34mm Mikunis and the filters i belive are 5 or 6 inches long by 2 3/4 round

I'd try (just for kicks) moving your front pipe mounts to the outside of the hangers. From the look of the pictures it looks like you have the tab from the pipes mounted to the inside of your billet front hangers. (Ever pipe seams to have it's own personality when it comes to fit.)Try switching it so they are on the outside. This will roll the head pipe out toward the frame and away from your filter. On some brands and styles, I've had to go to ACE and get 1/2" spacers to push the pipes out to fit so they wouldn't hit heads, frames, filters, Etc. Sometimes it works better to even put spacers on the rear hangers to angle the pipes away from the carbs sooner. Otherwise I'd get the angled K+N pods. Or some PWK'S. LOL.

Keep us posted....

See the red arrow pointing to the carb,well the carb hits the dam exhaust coupler if i try to rotate it and i cant use the zip tie trick cause the filters are to close togther.Why is it that the exhaust pipe is angled in further then the other one.The filter on the right side just barley even touches the pipe,I can get a feeler gauge in between that one,that ones not really a problem its the one on the left side. Hey guys throw out some advice or ideas you have to where I could clear that pipe .Thanks

PictureorVideo004.jpg

Just a side view pic of the filter,notice how its not seated flush and it sits sorta angled

PictureorVideo005.jpg

Just a tight ass fit

PictureorVideo003.jpg

This pic here is how much I have for play which is about less then a 1 inch,you guys think that if i had an angled K&N pod that it would clear that pipe?

PictureorVideo008.jpg

i have been thinking of making some carbon fiber tube extentions, 3 or 4 inches long ,by 2 1/4 or 2 3/4 inch wide, with a bracket to to hold it tight to the frame

I did not read a whole lot of what was said above but with my t-5's i have to get the K&N's with the 10 deg bend to keep them from touching the exhaust and i have header wrap to keep from burning my outerwears. here is a list of what k&n has http://www.knfilters.com/search/univround.aspx

i have the same carbs and pipes. i have the after market billet intakes with the angled pods from cascade and i have alot move room then you. i will only run the angled pods cause they pretty much sit right on the frame which helps with keeping them on. if you want a pic let me know