11 ohm rm stator bad

rdzbangshee

banshee runs good tell 3/4 throttle then fades out to wot the rm stator is reading 11.1 ohms on the red to green wire i have tried like 20 different main jets still running like crap on the top end tried moving the timing from 0 to +7 still no top end maybe i need to try a stock stator which i have not used my mod are on my profile i been trying to figure this out for a year now and it wont go away buy itself please help i keep pumping 1000s of $ into this banshee

Good 'ol Rm stators doing there thing again. :unsure: Get your money back and go with tried and trued OEM piece.

you try plug caps. im sure you already did but figured id ask. i had an oem stator give me a similar problem. just before it would come into powerband it would start cutting out and sputtering. sometimes it wouldnt stop until i got out of the gas. other times it would come out of it and run fine on top end. i like to keep at least one extra stator laying around anyway since its easiest to slap another one on when in doubt.

Yes! Bad shit this stuff is!! Bought the Ricky adj. plate off ebay, great price, said nothing about it being Ricky stator. Took it out of the box and what do you know, CAST ricky stator plate! 2nd ride, the threads of all things, holding the stator on somehow got shredded, backing 2 of the 3 screws out and destroying my stator. Yes, there was blue loctite on every screw under that cover!! Dont do it, buy billet! Lets just call this a hard lesson learned!

I had mine jack me up for a year and a half, it just never made the power it should up top.I spent hundreds in caps, coil,CDI, 3 sets of domes, base gaskets, and dozens of hours tuning etc. Finally tuning it on a dyno it made the same HP over a wide rpm range 8,000-10,500 it just flatlined and made the same HP at 8K as it did at 10K. Nate McCoy said "you have a ricky stator don't you?". I put on a stocker and it made 18 more hp. A 20 min fix I fought for 1 1/2 yrs.

banshee runs good tell 3/4 throttle then fades out to wot the rm stator is reading 11.1 ohms on the red to green wire i have tried like 20 different main jets still running like crap on the top end tried moving the timing from 0 to +7 still no top end maybe i need to try a stock stator which i have not used my mod are on my profile i been trying to figure this out for a year now and it wont go away buy itself please help i keep pumping 1000s of $ into this banshee

also being so cold on the lake here in Alaska i get a little moisture in the stator cover and wipe it clean after each run I'm thinking a moisture problem when i get on the gas it pulls hard up to the top but i have to let of to 3/4 throttle hit in the rev limiter .I'm going to get a stock oem stator and slap it in see if it helps any. its faster than s";it as it is tops out @ like 75mph i never tried that race gas ever ether. my temp is no hoter than 130 ,my engine wants something to heat up and become a raging screamer.

Swap the stator for a stock good stock one. That will help with your probem. I chased jetting all over the place until I replaced my faulty 200W Ricky Stator.

You should be able to keep the 35's at WOT all day long. They would be for more top end. That is where they shine. Or do you have problems with them Icing up in the cold weather?

• 7 months later...

Only trouble i had with that issue was bad reeds. But your at the right place :headbang:

ya it only cost me like 1 grand in damage and it don't have a scratch on it it would be nice to no how to test it in the instructions yourself i was told mine was way of by my tests.

well its time to ditch the msd and go with a pvl or i have to invest in some spare engines hay i make mistakes to and the 11 ohms was on the pickup coil when the engine was not running which would make it 14.5 on idle @1250 rpm to 17.5

• 1 month later...

naaawww i just went up shit creak with the cylinder build you cant hone nikasil i went to stock iron cylinders and it pulls up to 80mph in 300ft ;ive and learn i reck shit when im wfo :jesterlaugh: