fastest banshee

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not 100% sure on tire size but I think there 21. I'll have to check tomorrow. And like I said that was going by my gps and when I tested it tonight at 90 it was about 2 miles off. Couldn't really tell. The speedo on my car isn't digital so it could be right on. And once again not in 1/4 mile and never said 120.

Q: How fast does a stock Yamaha Banshee go

A:

The top speed of a stock Yamaha Banshee is 74 miles per hour. ChaCha!

Categorized: Motorsports

Source: ATVFan • View topic - Yamaha Banshee | www.atvfan.com

Answered: Dec 31 2009, 12:18am

I'm not trying to explain anything... Just don't want people putting words in my mouth. If a stock shee goes 74 then why is it sooo hard to believe that a modded one can do 90+ with gearing.

First the bike was stock: I have a shee that bored .40 over with stock carbs and 15 42 gears and I hit 95mph on my gps the other day.

Now it's got a bunch of mods, porting too: It is bored .40 over with stock carbs, v force reeds, fmf fatty pipes with power core 2s. Stock head with very minimal port work done plus the gearing.

:confused:

Sorry that I left out a few of the mods the first time I listed them. I didn't build the motor, I bought it the way it is. And I'm not trying to say I have the fastest shee in the world. I was just saying that I hit 90+ with those mods. I am well aware it takes a whole lot more than what I have to do 120 but again, never said I could.

I thought banshee's went like 77 stock, or atleast thats what dirtwheels said years ago (the fastest top end of any ATV at that time)? I know for a 100% fact that mine goes 92 with stock gearing and yes I was in 6th gear, how you ask? At my cabin the sheriff lives three houses down and he clocked me when we were tuning it. This was also on asphalt though and a dead straight road. I also have a GRR pro port, 28PWK's, +4 timing, coolhead with 17cc domes, pods right off the carbs, T-5's, and I run c16 in it. My read tires are 20" too.

If the port work is good, I say that's possible.

idk what shearers rev out to but theroretically from the calculator 10,000 rpm max with 15 41 and 20 inch tires i should be at 86.78 mph.

But thats not factoring in wind resitance and other environmental issues.

Well, wind resistance and weight are technically already figured in. If you going against a tornado and you weigh 350 lbs, you ain't gonna hit 10,000 rpms!