fastest banshee

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought banshee's went like 77 stock, or atleast thats what dirtwheels said years ago (the fastest top end of any ATV at that time)? I know for a 100% fact that mine goes 92 with stock gearing and yes I was in 6th gear, how you ask? At my cabin the sheriff lives three houses down and he clocked me when we were tuning it. This was also on asphalt though and a dead straight road. I also have a GRR pro port, 28PWK's, +4 timing, coolhead with 17cc domes, pods right off the carbs, T-5's, and I run c16 in it. My read tires are 20" too.

Wow man you and your buddy Fatassbanshee are BAKED. Ill start out by just pointing out the obvious, you were CLOCKED thats an estimated guess of what you were doing. And i dont care if you had a 454 big block strapped in your bike with stock gearing and 20in tires you aren't even coming close to 90mph. And Fatassbanshee get the gun out and shut me up, until then hang out on the site and get some knowledge before calling me out.

some of you guys need to study this gearing calculator.. it will give you speeds at a certain RPM, gearing and actuall tire height. remember, most 20" tires are NOT actually 20" tall.. that said a stock geared banshee with a full 20" tall tire at 10,000 rpm will only go 80 mph in 6th gear. its not even remotely possible based on the laws of PHYSICS to do 92 with stock gearing unless youre running a 23" tall tire.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gellett/banshee.htm

Just another teenage dumbass who can't grasp that his tires are connected to the motor through his gears....measure the tire size on your bike, then figure out how fast that tire would have to spin to go 100MPH. We veteran guys have these things called gearing charts. With them we can just plug in the Tire Size - Gearing Ratio - RPM. The answer pops up in a jiffy. For your tires to spin that fast.....your motor wouldn't be able to stay together. 2-strokes are awesome...but your stock crank and CDI don't operate above 10,000RPM. Sorry, Tell Santa the GPS he left you doesn't work in "Real Time" well enough to be used to accurately report ground speed. Set up your camera near a roadside radar sign and make a few passes. My money says your running 70+ not 100+. Trust us...your arguing with guys who have BIG cc motors with crazy motor mods. banghead My wife's bike has more done to it than your bike. :shrugani:

Alright yes i agree there is some stuff out there that is so ridiculously hard to prove or do twice let alone once. As far as what i said about reading up on the site, that was geared towards Fatassbanshee. And you still dont get it being clocked is not being radarad. I have had a few speeding tickets. Theres a couple little circles they check off one is Radar and the other is Clocked. Which means the cop saw you go by and thought to himself that guy has to be going 90mph when in reality he never pulled the gun on you. So i dont care if the pope clocked you, pull out the gun.

I don't smoke that shit, never have, never will. Ive been around on this site long enough to hear stories about people's stock banshee's going 92. Mines not stock, mine DID hit 92, i don't care who you think you are or how much you know about a police cars radar system, or even what website has a gear ratio/tire size website to figure it out. I was clocked by a god damn sheriff, yes I think we all know they are not 100% accurate, but they might only be off by two MPH. Sometimes physics are so perfect that there is no room for error, kinda like on that show mythbusters how they said its impossible to split an arrow with another arrow, my father and I have done it probably $20 a peice, but at $12 an arrow it gets expensive. Every once in awhile you CAN prove the law of physics wrong by just going out into the field with no mathematical equations.

Maybe you could explain just how you managed to get "Clocked" buy a sheriff....

Why would you knowingly fly past a cop on an ATV on the street going 92?

Why would he not run you down and ticket you for riding on a road or speeding?

What makes you think (if your going to say he knew you) that he didn't lie to you? What makes all young punks think that their testosterone and ego can defeat physics? You would have to be running 22" tires with a 15-42 gear to mathmaticly go that fast. That doesn't even take into account the HP you would need to fight the wind resistance. Your bike can't turn the RPM's to go that fast. Most cars need full throttle and a long straight to get up to 100 and the wind is the hurtle not rolling resistance. Your story is B.S. <_<

If you are so sure of it...have your COP buddy do it again, but hold a video camera and tapr the radar gun showing your speed....till then, quit stroking your EGO. :shootself:

Very well put specialblend. These guys are just sad they can hit 90. Not to be a dick but I'm kinda glad I'm not the only one that's getting bashed about this. Lol.

who cares how fast you can go anyway, its how fast you can get there that matters! Fatassbanshee, i mean "fast" :rotflmao: put your mods in your sig, post some pics, lets see this banshee that you say can kick everyones ass.

Specialblend, also curious to see what your banshee looks like, been wanting to see it for awhile.

Cody

I don't smoke that shit, never have, never will. Ive been around on this site long enough to hear stories about people's stock banshee's going 92. Mines not stock, mine DID hit 92, i don't care who you think you are or how much you know about a police cars radar system, or even what website has a gear ratio/tire size website to figure it out. I was clocked by a god damn sheriff, yes I think we all know they are not 100% accurate, but they might only be off by two MPH. Sometimes physics are so perfect that there is no room for error, kinda like on that show mythbusters how they said its impossible to split an arrow with another arrow, my father and I have done it probably $20 a peice, but at $12 an arrow it gets expensive. Every once in awhile you CAN prove the law of physics wrong by just going out into the field with no mathematical equations.

The laws of physics CANNOT be proven wrong. Theorys can be proven wrong, however. You can use math to predict a certain outcome that may or may not come to be in real world testing; but what is being discussed hear is black and white. Engine RPMs are directly proportional to tire speed. Some ported Banshees will rev over 11,000 rpms in the overrev (past peak HP). THe power falls off, but if the engine actually reaches the overrev, the tires must follow.

I would be more than welcome to post pics if anyone can tell me how to do so useing my iPhone. My computer crashed awhle back so iv been useing this. And yes when my motor is back in I WILL be taking a video. And as far as this whole topic goes... The first ? Asked was what's the fastest banshee anyone has seen. The last time I checked it didn't say what's the fastest in 1/4 mile or any of that bs. I am well aware that I'm new to this site but I was just posting my top speed which was asked. I didn't read anywhere on here where someone said "gang up on this guy cause he's new". My gps may not be correct but m pretty sure it is considering it matched up to what my car speedo said but that's besides the point. And like I said in a previous post... I did not build my bike but what I do know is it 40 over has vfroce reeds. Not sure which ones. What looks to me a small amount of porting but once again I didn't have it done so I don't know. Stock carbs with pods/ airbox removed. 15/42 gears on I believe 21 inch tires. Stock head as far as I know. Could be milled... I didn't do any thing to it. And I think that's about it asfar as I know. I am well aware that it's not a super modded shee but it's also not stock. Oh yeah and fmf fattys with power core 2s. But putting this whole topic aside, really if anyone can tell me how to post pics off an iPhone that would be great. I've been trying to figure out for a while now.