Extreme Override Owners

I know this doesn't help you guys already having problems but I dune rode(and shifted however I wanted) a regular WCR duneable for 2 yrs w/no problems. It is now in a drag bike and going on it's 5th season and haven't even changed a shift fork. I would go that route and be done w/it till he figures these things out.

This is what I'm gonna do, not sure if it'll be a WCR though.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think it may be the shifting mechanism. i got around to splitting my engine cases last night and expected to see total carnage,

only to find all the gears and what not still intact and looking just like when i had first recieved it. i can not tell right off

what is going on but the primary shafts will almost make a full revolution before it gets in a bind then will not rotate any further.

it is like they are stuck in between gears. :shrugani:

i did not recieve any springs to put between the shift forks like all the other overrides i have seen. could this be the problem?

no, the extremes use springs on the actual gear shafts instead of in between the shift forks. my tranny seemed to be doing that exact thing. it would make a full revolution almost and then bind up. i figured out that my gear shaft was bent. i replaced it with another one and it solved the problem.

I know this doesn't help you guys already having problems but I dune rode(and shifted however I wanted) a regular WCR duneable for 2 yrs w/no problems. It is now in a drag bike and going on it's 5th season and haven't even changed a shift fork. I would go that route and be done w/it till he figures these things out.

i rode my 2-4 duneable for 4 years with no issues. upshifting and downshifting with or without the clutch. never had a problem.

no, the extremes use springs on the actual gear shafts instead of in between the shift forks. my tranny seemed to be doing that exact thing. it would make a full revolution almost and then bind up. i figured out that my gear shaft was bent. i replaced it with another one and it solved the problem.

i looked it over a little better and found 2nd gear has a crack in it. :whoa:

There must be some awful big/bad stuff goin on in these Extreme's to be breaking gears and bending gear shafts... :unsure:

I dont think its something there doing. I think its the fact that they claim they can be beatin the shit out of, so people are. And they just cant handle the abuse.

Im in the same boat only with two trannies,wackos motor is now getting a stock style cut tranny by me because he cant wait anymore.Greg from wcr has had my trannies for quite a while,I have not recieved a call from him at all.Im very upset with having to guess if what hes doing will work this time,high dollar builds and customers expect the best and this is surely not.This problem made me loose interest in this race season.I should have stuck to skate boarding down the track ,less problems.I have a newly built rigid,cub,tires,axle the whole nine but I cant do anything without a tranny,not to mention how much money i have laid up with these things,trannies ,forks,shipping,insurance,I can go on forever

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Cant wait to get my motor back, O0o yea and...

Fuck WCR and Fuck his so called bullet proof tranny

My motor has been on hold for 3 months bc of that piece of shit tranny, just to find out that he has no clue on what's going on with them. banghead

I have more confidence and faith in the stock tranny that Sleeper06 has cut for me.

I dont think its something there doing. I think its the fact that they claim they can be beatin the shit out of, so people are. And they just cant handle the abuse.

Word...

The only issues we've had with our dunables is those who have backloaded the ever living shit out of them.

I'm with sheefreak...3 seasons of abuse on my drag bike with the 1-5 dunable. Just split my cases yesterday, still looks GREAT!!!

Sorry guys...and I know WCR is working on these...but until I'm proven wrong, there is no such thing as a trail override.

how bad was the shaft bent and which one was it?

i am about to send mine back today and i notice more damage everytime i look at it.

the front shaft (the shaft the clutch is attached to) is just barely bent.

i put new shift forks in this thing, only have (2) tanks of fuel through it and the (lone) front shift fork is torn to hell.

the other (2) dont have any wear on them. makes me think back to the shift drum putting more pressure on the front fork. :shrugani:

Spurdy's override grenaded within 2 mins. He didn't beat the shit out of it, there is something wrong with the design of that transmission.

Hey guys,

I just got mine back from Greg. He apologized profusely about the time it has taken, but said that he had to make sure he had it right before he sent any of them out. Quaddad and I got ours back at the same time and I sent mine in 2 weeks before he did. So I believe that Greg had intentions of fully testing before returning any of these. He changed the angles on the cuts, added springs to the shift fork and removed a spacer and added a spring to the shaft where 6th gear was at. He also micro polished it which I do not know is standard or an upgrade.

Ryan is right, mine broke with no abuse. However, everyone screws up. The determining factor for me is service after the sale. Tim at stellar made me a swingarm and it didn't fit. He called me before I put it on and told me it likely wasn't gonna fit. He offered to do whatever it was gonna take to make it right. Greg did the same thing. Same type of customer service I get from Kevin Herr. Unfortunately, I can not say the same for the the response about the sponsor I originally bought the override from. I was able to get the in touch with Greg and got the tranny shipped out before i was even contacted by the person I bought the tranny from. Props to the guys that take care of their customers! Tim at Stellar, Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing, and IMO Greg at WCR!

I don't know how the new override with work, but I have no complaint with Greg's service. It did take awhile, but I'd rather have it right than rushed. I think we can all agree on that!

I won't put it back in until over the summer but I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes. Quaddad should have his running by our trip to LS in May and I am sure he'll post results!

SP

Ryan is right, mine broke with no abuse. However, everyone screws up. The determining factor for me is service after the sale. Tim at stellar made me a swingarm and it didn't fit. He called me before I put it on and told me it likely wasn't gonna fit. He offered to do whatever it was gonna take to make it right. Greg did the same thing. Same type of customer service I get from Kevin Herr. Unfortunately, I can not say the same for the the response about the sponsor I originally bought the override from. I was able to get the in touch with Greg and got the tranny shipped out before i was even contacted by the person I bought the tranny from. Props to the guys that take care of their customers! Tim at Stellar, Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing, and IMO Greg at WCR!

from whom did you purchase your transmission?

how bad was the shaft bent and which one was it?

i am about to send mine back today and i notice more damage everytime i look at it.

the front shaft (the shaft the clutch is attached to) is just barely bent.

i put new shift forks in this thing, only have (2) tanks of fuel through it and the (lone) front shift fork is torn to hell.

the other (2) dont have any wear on them. makes me think back to the shift drum putting more pressure on the front fork. :shrugani:

it was the rear shaft on mine.

mine is NOT an extreme duneable though. its just a regular duneable 2-4. i think i had a bad gear and when i jammed it down into first gear, it caused the problem.

i think youd be better off with regular duneable.