Extreme Override Owners

Okay so there is so much shit going on right now with these override.

I personally have one and it hasnt been installed yet due to all the problems that have been popping up., Sleeper actually just sent them back to WCR to be looked over. He is going to inspect them and send them back out.

Now, Sleeper spoke to WCR on the phone and they stated that they havent had a single problem with any 1-4 5&6 clutch.

If you have a extreme, tell us which one you have and what problems have occurred.

What WCR has said and what they are doing about it.

Im really looking to hear if anyone has had problems with a extreme with all 6 gears.

Im really hoping everything gets squared away bc Im really stoked to ride a bike that actually shifts.

thanks

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a 1-5 Extreme, there is no 6th gear, FYI.

I believe that was from Andy @ M&M who said that over on drag racers.

He does not make an extreme with all 6 gears cut for override, 1-5 is a as close as you get ...unless you're talking about Manual 5th and 6th like you have.

Just wanted to be clear for others reading.

If you have a 1-5 Extreme, there is no 6th gear, FYI.

I believe that was from Andy @ M&M who said that over on drag racers.

He does not make an extreme with all 6 gears cut for override, 1-5 is a as close as you get ...unless you're talking about Manual 5th and 6th like you have.

Just wanted to be clear for others reading.

I have the gheyist question in all of history, but I have really wanted to know what the hell IS an override trans?

I assume it means you slam it in gear in first and it will shift like a quick shifter at WOT then stop at 5-6th on its own?

Help a young sprout out...

I have the 1-5 neutral down on mine I have not takin it for a ride but when we put it in and started it up it made a noise like the gears were rubbing together. Then we started it again and it went away! I didnt think anything of it until people started to say there was something wrong with them. I call FAST and they advised me to not ride it until WCR figures out the problem. So thats were I am now!

what is all the commotion over the extreme duneable?

where are all these complaints that yall are talking about?

i am not tring to stir the pot any as i would just like to know also.

i have a 1-5 extreme that i just put in my new, 4mil 350cc motor.

the only comments i have, which i think were a bit strange was during the install.

it would not shift dry and also i had to put it into first gear to adjust the shifter because

the shift detent peg would not rest centered between the shift points on the shift star

while in neutral.

after cranking the engine over for the first time with oil in the trans case it shifts fine.

so far it shifts thru the gears just fine while using the clutch.

i have up shifted thru the gears without the clutch once.

i have backloaded it (downshifting and using the clutch).

the only thing i have not done yet is downshift without the clutch.

keep in mind i only have about a half a tank of fuel through it and i hope to test it out

some more this weekend.

You have a 4 mil 350cc? What...did you buy smaller pistons?

:)

now, now, Only drama and stories of doom and destruction are welcome in this thread!

None of that smart ass distracting from the point! :jesterlaugh:

i had a couple of very knowledgable forum members tell me to put banshee pistons in to make my 4mil a real 4mil.

so that is what i did.

ahhh... i get it.. so it was a facetious comment.. :rotflmao:

Sorry.. no experience with the extreme trans.. I find the standard duneable does just fine.

I don't know what the deal is with the tranny! All I know is I called and asked about the problems people were posting about and FAST told me to not ride it till they find out what happened! What can and can't you do on a standard duneable? I think I'm going to go with the standard.

what is all the commotion over the extreme duneable?

where are all these complaints that yall are talking about?

i am not tring to stir the pot any as i would just like to know also.

i have a 1-5 extreme that i just put in my new, 4mil 350cc motor.

the only comments i have, which i think were a bit strange was during the install.

it would not shift dry and also i had to put it into first gear to adjust the shifter because

the shift detent peg would not rest centered between the shift points on the shift star

while in neutral.

after cranking the engine over for the first time with oil in the trans case it shifts fine.

so far it shifts thru the gears just fine while using the clutch.

i have up shifted thru the gears without the clutch once.

i have backloaded it (downshifting and using the clutch).

the only thing i have not done yet is downshift without the clutch.

keep in mind i only have about a half a tank of fuel through it and i hope to test it out

some more this weekend.

Your the one guy who might not break one........Your bike isn't making big numbers HP wise. (BUT read the caution below)

I have had (in many calls) about 3-4 hours of conversation with Greg about this tranny and the problems they are having. They DO have a problem. He hasen't found what it is yet. It might be HP related or in the downshift action. He's got a few broken ones coming back and wants to see what happened so he has a better grasp of the problem. He's trying to recall all the EXTREMES. He has ZERO problems with the standard overrides and his Duneable overrides. He did alot of testing of the Extreme, but the HP was low (60-75) and on dirt. He's not testing in sand. If you have an Extreme in your bike, at this point you can pull it out and return it (he wants to make things right with people) or as a precaution CLUTCH IT WHEN YOU DOWNSHIFT. He still thinks you can backload it without issues. The problem for most seams to be when they click down into another gear even if only lightly back loaded. I don't want to say too much in place of Greg. This tranny has great potential, but he's still got a bug to find. Calling him is the best course of action at this point. (As always, contacting any builder is tough because if he's on the phone...the work isn't getting done. So try and try again later.) He's not selling the Extreme till he get's it figured out. He's got about 50 in the field, so he's swamped with in-going and out-going calls to try and alert people and respond to people's questions.

I hope this answers some of the questions people might be asking.

ONLY the EXTREME is in question. The Standard Override and the Duneable Overrides are doing as good as they ever were.

1-5 ND (no 6th). Broke a tooth off of 1st gear after about 300 yards. I think it got into 2 gears at the same time. Talked to Greg at WCR and he needed the trans to evaluate. Haven't heard anything back yet.

He is taking care of it though. Seems to be a stand up guy. Seems this trans has actually been out for a while and have had no issues until this year. Not gonna go into details here because the topic was geared more towards the 6 gear overrides.

SP