looking for a banshee color chart - what years had what color?

Minkia38

It seems like there was more colors some years.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/banshee/color.aspx

I did see that on the website, but its definately not complete, I own banshees that are different colrs (97 black fenders, red tank), etc....

I'm trying to find out what year had a white radiator cover....

The only year I can think of with a white radiator cover would be the white and silver combo that was available on 06 I believe. I am not positive on that, it could have been silver also.

im pretty sure the rad shroud was silver and the rest of the plastic was white. i cant think of any year that might have came with a white rad. shroud. :shrugani:

i dont know of any year that came with a white shroud either, what makes you think its stock? somebody could very easily order a miar or other replasement shroud in any color they wanted :shootself:

Minkia, when you are going through your bikes will you look and see if you have an un-trashed red 89 rear. Still in need of one and it would be much appreciated.

I will keep an eye out for a more detailed color list. My buddy has about every 4 wheeler mag there is, I will see if he has that spread of the colors by year.

Edited by andrew3160

i dont know of any year that came with a white shroud either, what makes you think its stock? somebody could very easily order a miar or other replasement shroud in any color they wanted :shootself:

A Maier rad. cover looks totally different than stock- the screws that hold the grille in are exposed and you can only run a Maier grille in it. I don't know of anybody else that makes seperate radiater and fuel tank covers. There are several 1 piece front ends on the market, but obviously those are not stock.

It seems like there was more colors some years.

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/banshee/color.aspx

That chart is almost complete, the only ones that I see are missing are the 2006 50th anniversary edition in yellow and black with the retro graphics, and from 1999 to 2004 they do not show the blue version that was offered in those years. From 87 thru 95 there was always one color scheme, and from 96 to 02 there was 2 choices, starting in 03 there was 2 choices of regular Banshee plus a LE version until 06 when there was 2 regular Banshees, a LE version AND the SE or 50th anniversary edition. Of course the LEs were a different color sceme but usually the frame and suspension were a diferent color than the regular silver.

I love the way my white and black 2001 looks with all the stickers removed (except YAMAHA below tank). You could always paint a rad cover white. Just use lots of flex agent in the paint and clear