Vin tube and title for a 1999 Banshee

:mellow: another reason to love canada (BC) as long as it doesnt come up stolen your good to go! no titles no registration no worries. you can check if its stolen in 1 min when you buy it too.

same happen in Georgia or Puerto Rico no tittle , no registration; you will be good just with a bill of sale!!

Edited by Banshee SE

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...let me give you a PERFECTLY good reason to buy a used frame and title that is 100% clear.

Insurance.

If you have a custom built frame with no VIN...how are you going to insure it? As long as the title is clean and clear (and with Minkia I'm certain it is...I've been dealing with him for YEARS)..

You tell an insurance company this is what the bike started out as, now it's a show quality bike.

Try insuring a 99 banshee for actual replacement cost if you have 15K in it...you'll get blue book, maybe 2K.

If you build a chrome, polished and powder coated drag bike, hill climber, etc... and then dump 10 to 20 K into it (I can name PLENTY who have) try to insure it for that much.

A clean VIN/Title is a place to start. ESPECIALLY if you have a custom frame.

Yes, I know you can go down to the DMV (Secretary of state) and get a VIN issued.

Try that. Then it's even harder to get adequate insurance on it.

You guys should probably do a little homework before you go accusing a member of pulling a sham or trying to scam someone. I'm sure minkia has been around this site longer than most of you...myself included.

i agree. im not sure why everyone is getting so worked up over this post.

ok this is what i have found out it is not illegal to sell the title and vin tube of a totaled frame in many states! when you build a custom frame you need some way to have a title if you take a part off a totaled bike and put it on a custom hand made fram altered in some way from stock (streched) it becomes a buileder you need that old title to get a builder title or proof the bike is not stolen. this does not mean you can steal some ones nice new quad and patch in your vin #s. the frame has to be changed from stock apperance to be classifed as a custom builder. if you were a low life theif you still would have to worry about the case #s. it just sucks you have too worry about the cases you buy from people being stolen and the cops busting you for bs.

Edited by NVRBanshee

I dont feel there is anything wrong with it.I have gotten vehicles for money owed to me but couldnt register it due to leans and such,I see nothing wrong with tagging it.Would I steal some shit and tag it no,but why not let someone benifit from something that was useless anyways.

I dont feel there is anything wrong with it.I have gotten vehicles for money owed to me but couldnt register it due to leans and such,I see nothing wrong with tagging it.Would I steal some shit and tag it no,but why not let someone benifit from something that was useless anyways.

oh sleeper we pay thousands into uor bikes imagine if someone came stole ur bike changed a vin tube and walla good luck proving its yours i can see if you built a custom frame from scratch yea but to swap vins its just wrong.

Well at that rate why even put vin #'s. the point is lets not make it easier to make stolen bikes leagal. sellig vin tubes over the internet isn't the best way to go about it. its all good until it happen to you then you'll be weeping like a lil girl.no one is talking out of their ass but merely stating their opinions.

A friend of mine bought a brand new Z-400 a couple of years ago and smoked a tree within three days of getting it. The frames on those were already known to be week, and his crash did a number on it. Luckily he had bought insurance and they paid for a new frame from Suzuki and the dealership to swap everything on to the new frame. Well guess what…I came with NO vin plate. We rode all over the state including Silver Lake with no incident. Two years later he sold it that way. As long as all the paper work checks out and nothing comes up reported stolen, I don’t see what all of the fuss is about.

On a side note, I can’t believe some of you think its ok to talk shit in someone’s for sale thread. Unless Ray has personally ripped you or someone you know off, you should keep your opinions to yourself.

:cheers:

lol gotta love these people that are only a couple or few onths on here less then 80 posts and there talking out of there asses about a long term member. lol some peoples kids. i had a problem with my banshee with the vin and i just baught a different frame. does that make it ilegal?

I agree i think out of respect of the OP this thread should be cleaned up and all negative post from now on should in-tale a thread ban. if you don't have anything positive to say in a fs thread then keep your trap shut. i can understand if someone i looking out for others making sure they don't get scammed, but that's a whole other can of worms.

oh sleeper we pay thousands into uor bikes imagine if someone came stole ur bike changed a vin tube and walla good luck proving its yours i can see if you built a custom frame from scratch yea but to swap vins its just wrong.

whats the difference between buying a titled vin tube and a titled frame? if anything i would think just buying the vin tube, although cheaper, would be more work for somebody that stole a bike because of all the cutting, welding, painting and what not that goes into transplanting the tube on the original frame. buying a whole titled frame would only require you switch everything over to the new frame. besides, the majority of people that steal bikes end up either selling them or parting them out.

you really think thats the only way to make a stolen bike legal? so i guess everyone should stop selling used frames with titles!

exactly my thinking.