elkas , 450's, or ohlins

bebetekbanshee358

im in the m arket for some shocks. i was wondering is elkas $1200 front shocks are worth it

or if i shpould just go with some 450's i only ride on the week ends maybe 3 times a month

has anyone ran the fox floats ive been eyeing those shocks for a while any input would be great. i have stock a arms but gonna order some 2 1 arms soon

Do back to back, upside down humps mean whoops? ive been looking at the same deal. i want new front shocks, but i cant afford new arms and shit. so i need something thats compatible with stock arms

For what your doing I'd go with the 450 shocks. Elka is for sure a better shock but you dont need to spend that kinda money. To get an elka with remote rezzi your looking at about $1000, And you can pick up a pair of brand new take off 450 shocks for $200. You could get a set of used arms and 450 shocks for the price of just some elkas. So if I was you I'd be on the look out for some +2 arms and 450 shocks. I personally run 2009 yfz 450r shocks and a buddy of mine has elkas and I cant tell the difference by riding it, But I'm not hitting giant jumps either but in the trails whoops and all that they're awsome.

I could see if you are riding the dunes or mx track to get some elkas. But like said above, just buy some take off 450 shocks and you will have preload, compression and rebound adj. And if you want to revalve them and new springs later on, there are alot of channels out there that make after market parts for those shocks. I have them on my banshee with +2 arms for 2 dunes seasons and they have been great.

im in the m arket for some shocks. i was wondering is elkas $1200 front shocks are worth it

or if i shpould just go with some 450's i only ride on the week ends maybe 3 times a month

has anyone ran the fox floats ive been eyeing those shocks for a while any input would be great. i have stock a arms but gonna order some 2 1 arms soon

buy a cheaper elka or look on ebay for another ftermarcket shock for cheaper