90 degree crank

Rodneya

I had a chat with Steve via e-mail, he says that it should work great in off-road situations, should improve traction a whole lot.

If it wasn't for the fact that you require a new ignition system to go with the crank I would've ordered a 4mm crank from him to try in a stock cyl set-up a long time ago.

Drop him an e-mail, he's quite a friendly guy.

Vibration should be less, not more.

I have never talked with anyone thats ran a 90* crank, but it seems there would be spikes in power. For 270* of the cranks rotation there is no power then all of the sudden two within 90* of one another?

correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't that make power more like a 4 stroke?

I have never talked with anyone thats ran a 90* crank, but it seems there would be spikes in power. For 270* of the cranks rotation there is no power then all of the sudden two within 90* of one another?

Yea that is what I would think. Feel like a inline four cylinder only running on 2 cylinders.

I had a chat with Steve via e-mail, he says that it should work great in off-road situations, should improve traction a whole lot.

If it wasn't for the fact that you require a new ignition system to go with the crank I would've ordered a 4mm crank from him to try in a stock cyl set-up a long time ago.

Drop him an e-mail, he's quite a friendly guy.

Vibration should be less, not more.

I dont understand how a 90 deg crank would have a smoother power delivery and build more hp. If it is smoother, more tame wouldnt that feel like a power loss? Just like messing with the flywheel weight. You could put on a heavier flywheel and it would add traction by making for a softer hit.

wow this guy has probably pushed the cheeta powervalve 2 stroke banshee engine into all new realms and ideas that are far out of the box. the 90 D crank has solved a LOT of problem if you actually think you will feel the loss of hitting 90* of center from 180* thats the same as saying you can feel the power loss of a 4 stroke it only hits every OTHER revolution. 620*! but somehow makes a ton of tq ( at least most of them) and can also be made to rev very high and have a similar powerband..

unless you have the technical knowledge to even understand what it is he was shooting for in driveablility and power band you dont really have any useable comments to these idea's unfortunatelly you probably wont hear of ANYone who has used this in the atv world the price of the motor is so high ( to cover development) its just not an average guy who's going to drop over 8000+ for a trail/ dune engine.. its unfortunate.. to use the 90* crank you will need a timeable ignition to fire the offset in the crank i was contemplating doing 2 banshee ignitions and timing the trigger OR possibly using an ofset timing mark with 2 pickups. not sure if i could fire the dead spark corectelly though . i have beenthinking of the 90* crank for a while untill i did a search and found that site. i'd love to have one of these engines..