Injector Kit?

09BansheeUAE

First off, to do any kind of an EFI conversion on a Banshee, you are going to need to run a battery and a DC charging system so the ECU has consistent voltage.Then you will need sensors in the intake and exhaust systems and on the throttle system. So by the time you add all that weight you have negated any power gains. The second thing is, do you want more electronics that can fail in the middle of nowhere? As I see it the big advantage of EFI would be in the fact that as your elevation and/or temp changes, the bike would jet itself.

First off, to do any kind of an EFI conversion on a Banshee, you are going to need to run a battery and a DC charging system so the ECU has consistent voltage.Then you will need sensors in the intake and exhaust systems and on the throttle system. So by the time you add all that weight you have negated any power gains. The second thing is, do you want more electronics that can fail in the middle of nowhere? As I see it the big advantage of EFI would be in the fact that as your elevation and/or temp changes, the bike would jet itself.

Come on, SOMEONE here has to have put EFI on there Banshee!

Shit Direct injection wouldn't be that far of an engeneering streach in this day and age.

With Sr-50's running around with all the parts as well as the boat motor industry I would have guessed

you guys would be all up on the free HP!

Take that stroked 10mill motor and ad about 20-30% MORE power with a simple home-made direct injection setup that you never need to jet and can see your a/f ratio after every run... Why not? not WHY!

Come on, SOMEONE here has to have put EFI on there Banshee!

Shit Direct injection wouldn't be that far of an engeneering streach in this day and age.

With Sr-50's running around with all the parts as well as the boat motor industry I would have guessed

you guys would be all up on the free HP!

Take that stroked 10mill motor and ad about 20-30% MORE power with a simple home-made direct injection setup that you never need to jet and can see your a/f ratio after every run... Why not? not WHY!

ya know, if people sell "turbo chargers" on ebay for banshee's (just a fan on the intake that does nothing) there has got to be someone out there running a injected banshee

I figured you'd need to do the DC conversion. The air flow sensor is a given, but there is no need for a sensor in the exhaust. The PCIII that many Raptors use doesn't require one (even the new PCV with autotune doesn't "autotune" very well). I don't think the benefit of FI is power - Banshees can make the most power out of any bike out there. Besides, sensors weigh close to nothing.

Benefits of Fuel Injection System To ATVs :

* Smoother and dependable engine response during quick transitions.

* Easier and faster engine starting.

* Better operation at a high or low ambient temperature.

* Increased fuel efficiency.

* Increased maintenance intervals.

* Electronic fuel injections helps maintaining accurate fuel metering.

* Less air pollutants.

* Environmental Operation

http://www.allterrainriders.com/fuel-injection.html

ya know, if people sell "turbo chargers" on ebay for banshee's (just a fan on the intake that does nothing) there has got to be someone out there running a injected banshee

There is a guy out there with a very sick FI Banshee that runs off of E85.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=105138

I now own a Raptor 700, which has EFI. I was thinking that maybe it wouldn't be too hard to use the Raptor throttle body and Power Commander on the Banshee. Has anyone ever looked into this?

The tuning parameters of such a thing would be vastly different. In our experience, two strokes require a MUCH different approach than 4 strokes.

Mull Engineering

The tuning parameters of such a thing would be vastly different. In our experience, two strokes require a MUCH different approach than 4 strokes.

Mull Engineering

I agree. Putting an injection system on a Banshee is 100% doable and it's been done. The mechanical systems are not very impressive. The EFI systems are much better, but are expensive to do correctly........and then there is the whole other issue of putting it together and tuning it (requires experience that most folks don't have).

With that said Gigot racing will put one together for you and tune it. Kevin is the only guy out there who I feel is 100% competent doing this commercially on a Banshee. I can't quote what he charges for such a thing, but I am pretty sure it's over $1200 for a turn key setup.

Has anyone considered starting with the injection system off a Phazer 500? A buddy of mine has a Phazer that is wrecked that i could pick up real cheap and i was going to experiment with it. I ride my banshee all year round with temp changes from -10*f to 100*f in central new york and i think fuel injection would be great. Also what about artic cat systems? The sno pro 440 is fuel injected and 2 stroke, anyone ever considered a remapped ecu and the entire system from that?