scoops for radiator

How much more ram air can it get? Your doin seventy mph and ramin a ton off air right at the radiator. :confused::rotflmao:

if you knew anything about trail riding in the woods u would know you rarely do 70 mph's, lol.

i think u need to get a clue my friend and go take ur banshee out in the woods.

I remove my rad shroud and put sticky foam tape around the outside of my rad. When i put the shroud back on it seals the gap between the shroud and rad. I have done this to all of my banshee's it makes a HUGE difference. When you are doing tree shots all day at the dunes you are not moving alot of air through your rad. This mod forces the air, all the air through your rad instead of letting some go around it so it cools your bike ALOT better.It only takes a few minutes to do if you use foam sticky tape and you don't have to make anything, and it wont rub a hole in your rad.

if you knew anything about trail riding in the woods u would know you rarely do 70 mph's, lol.

i think u need to get a clue my friend and go take ur banshee out in the woods.

Wow listen to this guy lol, i do ride in trails ALOT. It was a figure of speech, i know you dont ride 70 all the time, but the rad is right out front and ive NEVER had a problem with my shee overheating, even runnin in the trails for 3-4 hours straight!

Cody

To the o.p. sorry i assumed you were talking about a scoop or ram air setup, i guess i heard what someone replied to you and went with that. I was thinkin that you may have been talking about air escaping from insde the shroud or going around the rad. I see what your saying there, it is a good idea, i just dont think it would be necessary in the case of a banshee. Just my opinion

Cody

I remove my rad shroud and put sticky foam tape around the outside of my rad. When i put the shroud back on it seals the gap between the shroud and rad. I have done this to all of my banshee's it makes a HUGE difference. When you are doing tree shots all day at the dunes you are not moving alot of air through your rad. This mod forces the air, all the air through your rad instead of letting some go around it so it cools your bike ALOT better.It only takes a few minutes to do if you use foam sticky tape and you don't have to make anything, and it wont rub a hole in your rad.

I use to do the foam thing,but between tuning runs,I noticed the foam was warm,which means it was insulating the radiator a bit,so i tried to improve on the idea a bit.i will take some pics tonight and post them up 2 morrow morning.it was really easy to do and all i used was an old stock radiator grille.

But your right,air will always follow the path of least resistance

Exactly what I was talkin about. Thanks, ill make somethin myself also.

Don't u guys know how to read? Not a fucking RAM AIR intake, I never mentioned the intake at all. U going to make all banshee owners look like inbread unedumacated hill billy assholes that can only make fun of something they don't understand.

wink.gif

Thanks for the ideas ladies.

Hahah, thats funny and true. beer.gif

Wow listen to this guy lol, i do ride in trails ALOT. It was a figure of speech, i know you dont ride 70 all the time, but the rad is right out front and ive NEVER had a problem with my shee overheating, even runnin in the trails for 3-4 hours straight!

Cody

haha, it was just a figure of speech, u have excuses for everything you say. just like it was your girlfriend who pmed loco to remove the girl on his avatar. sure it was, lol.

When i would ride hard out in the dunes hillshooting before i put foam in my shroud coolant would drip out of my rad over flow hose and drip on my right pipe, after i put the foam in it never did that anymore so i know it works well.I always jet for max power and stay in the pipe alot and i am a bigger guy so i would build alot of heat. The air will take the path of least resistance and go around your rad and out the side vents on the tank cover and not through the rad core. Some air will go through but not all of it.

One of my buddies that i ride with even wired in a computer cooling fan into his high beam light switch and stuck it in the big lower holes on the front shroud, it worked pretty good.He would use it when we would hill shoot all day down in the trees were there is not much air flow and you are stringing your motor out all day.

When i would ride hard out in the dunes hillshooting before i put foam in my shroud coolant would drip out of my rad over flow hose and drip on my right pipe, after i put the foam in it never did that anymore so i know it works well.I always jet for max power and stay in the pipe alot and i am a bigger guy so i would build alot of heat. The air will take the path of least resistance and go around your rad and out the side vents on the tank cover and not through the rad core. Some air will go through but not all of it.

One of my buddies that i ride with even wired in a computer cooling fan into his high beam light switch and stuck it in the big lower holes on the front shroud, it worked pretty good.He would use it when we would hill shoot all day down in the trees were there is not much air flow and you are stringing your motor out all day.

ill try the foam thanks

Man, that sounds like a good idea. I was just thinking it couldnt hurt. I shoot the big hill, but i love duning and climbing the steep but short runs, you know--the ones your not sure you can make and have no room to turn around.. those are fun. I too am not a small guy 210, and i stay on the pipe all the time, running a stock motor on cpi inframes, so I dont really have any option but to stay on it, and I like it that way, got my power all the time, bike is jetted good. and sometimes it will drip a little coolant out the overflow when im riding hard for long time, i know i need to cool it and let it rest.. but there is always that one guy that pulls up just as you are finishing, and you got to show him up ;)

i ride in mtns some times too, and you can only go so fast over the rocks, got full prm belly and swinger skid, but it kicks you arse after a 6 hr ride. So i take it easy and putt around some, and that is when it tends to get the hottest.

Ill give the foam a shot, I was just curious if someone perfected and manufactured something.

Thanks again guys!

Man, that sounds like a good idea. I was just thinking it couldnt hurt. I shoot the big hill, but i love duning and climbing the steep but short runs, you know--the ones your not sure you can make and have no room to turn around.. those are fun. I too am not a small guy 210, and i stay on the pipe all the time, running a stock motor on cpi inframes, so I dont really have any option but to stay on it, and I like it that way, got my power all the time, bike is jetted good. and sometimes it will drip a little coolant out the overflow when im riding hard for long time, i know i need to cool it and let it rest.. but there is always that one guy that pulls up just as you are finishing, and you got to show him up ;)

i ride in mtns some times too, and you can only go so fast over the rocks, got full prm belly and swinger skid, but it kicks you arse after a 6 hr ride. So i take it easy and putt around some, and that is when it tends to get the hottest.

Ill give the foam a shot, I was just curious if someone perfected and manufactured something.

Thanks again guys!

right on, i've been wondering about this myself. i do a lot of free riding, and sometimes the unfamiliar territory limits you to slower speed through trees, rough ravines, rocks etc. i'll do anything i can to assist with cooling. if 5$ worth of foam helps out, i'm game to try. i want to rig something up for next riding season and was thinking about using some old plastics to cover the gaps around the grill. i'm still going to try it unless something else comes up in this thread.

good topic, i'm not sure who started it...