scoops for radiator

Any one know if someone makes some type of scoop that goes between the radiator and the grill? I think it would help funnel air thru radiator rather than allowing it to go past. Most all liquid quads and dirt bikes have a shroud or scoop of some sort. Any ideas, or would it be a waste to build one?

Sounds like your looking to have a Ram Air Intake setup , I guess it would be possible , or you could mount an electric fan on the radiator but thats just my 2 cents i dont even know if it would work.

Edited by jon321

Not for intaintake, just to help jam more air thru radiator, to help in cooling. Like the 250r has, and all new 4 strokes. On banshee there is a good gap between the rad cover and rad. Just looking for something to help funnel the air that passes thru the grill into the radiator instead of flowing past on either side.

If you notice on the new 4 stroke atv's the radiators are mounted down low right in front of the engine. They have front bumpers steering stems, frame tubes and all other kinds of suspension parts in front of them. So it does help to have the scoops. They are not needed when your radiator is mounted right out front like in the Banshee or Raptor.

Dirt bikes have them to protect the radiators. You can't just have 2 radiators hanging off the fuel tank like saddle bags. They are designed so if you lay the bike over they don't get crushed. The grills on the front keep branches and stuff from poking a hole in. Of course they are going to be designed to grab as much air as possible.

I think he is talkin about the gap between the radiator and the cover.I took an old stock plastic grille and a pair of tin snips.fabricated some air deflectors and mounted them to the existing holes inside the radiator cover,so they are not visible unless you know they are there.

As far as cooling goes,it was a night and day difference according to the temp gauge.It cooled down much faster than normally once you started pushing air through it..Its a small easy mod that will keep the incoming air from going around the sides of the radiator.

dcui3n.jpg

Edited by bigborebanshee

I think he is talkin about the gap between the radiator and the cover.I took an old stock plastic grille and a pair of tin snips.fabricated some air deflectors and mounted them to the existing holes inside the radiator cover,so they are not visible unless you know they are there.

As far as cooling goes,it was a night and day difference according to the temp gauge.It cooled down much faster than normally once you started pushing air through it..Its a small easy mod that will keep the incoming air from going around the sides of the radiator.

dcui3n.jpg

Exactly what I was talkin about. Thanks, ill make somethin myself also.

Don't u guys know how to read? Not a fucking RAM AIR intake, I never mentioned the intake at all. U going to make all banshee owners look like inbread unedumacated hill billy assholes that can only make fun of something they don't understand.

;)

Thanks for the ideas ladies.

I think pete means ram air like on a street bike? My ninja it's two vents on each side of the head lights and it rams air in the intake box the faster you go the more air it rams in.

exactly what i was thinking. just like on my street bike.