Silver Lake trip out of state

jjn56

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never had to have a title in the 10 yrs I have been going there. I have a drag chassis now w/no numbers on it at all :confused:

Me neither, the only time ive ever heard of an issue with not having a title, is when people would crash and the dnr would come. They would check up on all that. But thats only what Ive heard from another person, not saying any of its entirely true, but Ive never been asked if I have registration to get in.

Did they still let you ride the dunes? What did they say? I haven't been sound checked yet but I don't want to be either.

No, they did not let me in. I have driven the bike in w/my truck ever since, bit isn't that hard to get in otherwise. Just have to wait for them to be busy and drive up.

As far as sound and spark arrestors, there is no tckt at the gate, they just don't let you in. Now if you are already in and you decide to take your arrestors off and they catch you, they will then tckt you.

i was thinking of making my own spark arrestor, and my friend said that if they know a certain exhaust doesn't come with a spark arrestor they will turn you away.

the arrestor i wanted to make would insert where the stinger tube and the silencer bolt together with this in there th_DSC00771.jpg

also i plan on running shearers... anyone ever tried anything like this before??

i was thinking of making my own spark arrestor, and my friend said that if they know a certain exhaust doesn't come with a spark arrestor they will turn you away.

the arrestor i wanted to make would insert where the stinger tube and the silencer bolt together with this in there th_DSC00771.jpg

also i plan on running shearers... anyone ever tried anything like this before??

They are like the ones alba sold for inside your silencers.

Last year I was running the Trinity pipes and silencers and the silencers didn't come with spark arresters.

I made these housings to hold screens and I got in the dunes with no problems. I got the screens at a hardware store, they are used in sinks(plumbing department)

2-1.jpg

Image006-85.jpg

No, they did not let me in. I have driven the bike in w/my truck ever since, bit isn't that hard to get in otherwise. Just have to wait for them to be busy and drive up.

As far as sound and spark arrestors, there is no tckt at the gate, they just don't let you in. Now if you are already in and you decide to take your arrestors off and they catch you, they will then tckt you.

Thanks for the info!

Maybe I'll see you out there this year and do some duning.