Wiseco pro lite -pistons -> Problems!

Pasi S.

Long story short...

They called me from the shop I´m using to bore and hone my cylinders.

The guy said that one of the pistons is bad/ruined/useless.

When they were making the measurments for clearance and things like that (hard to translate), they found out that the skirt of the piston is larger than the top of the piston. They said that the other piston was OK and good to go.

They told me to get a new piston ASAP to make that final measurments.

WTF?!?!?!?!

I have been reading this site one year now and I thought that the Wiseco-pistons were the best.

I emailed to the shop (Ebay, USA)where I bought them and I also Emailed to Wiseco if they have something to say about this.

I just want to know if somebody have had a same or similar problem. -And if you have good tips to get this thig right -please- let me know.

Thanks!

-Pasi S.

wiseco pistons are not immune to freak problems, but they are the best as far as reliability goes.

a few years back i bought some brand new wiseco pistons. when i got them, one of the pistons didnt have the dowel to stop the rings from spinning. the place i bought them from sent me out a new one asap.

i would contact who you bought them from and possibly wiseco themselves.

I´m sorry! The information in my first post is not correct.

I went to this shop today to see what is going on...

The piston skirt is not larger - it is smaller! (0.04mm)

The owner told me that the machinist said that he wont use that piston unless I order him to do it.

If I do so, they will not give me any guarantee for it.

They say that there is going to be huge "clapping" in that cylinder.

-Pasi S.

I´m sorry! The information in my first post is not correct.

I went to this shop today to see what is going on...

The piston skirt is not larger - it is smaller! (0.04mm)

The owner told me that the machinist said that he wont use that piston unless I order him to do it.

If I do so, they will not give me any guarantee for it.

They say that there is going to be huge "clapping" in that cylinder.

-Pasi S.

I would get a new piston. The top gets the hottest and expands the most. If the top is already larger and expands even 20% more than the bottom, you are going to have piston slap. If they bore the hole to work out for the skirts, you will have a siezure!

The Wiseco-USA replyed me and told me to contact the dealers here in Finland. There was a nice list of them in that Email.

I have done that and I think I´ll have some replyes tomorrow or friday.

I Emailed back to Wiseco-USA and told them about that wrong info I gave them first.

Today the Wiseco-Europe contact me and now we will see what kind of customer service they have.

The Dirtparts have not give me any replys about this. That was the place where I bought them.

One thing is for sure - From now on I will only use a site sponsors to get the parts I need.

-Pasi S.

...I will not use that inaccurate piston.

Edited by Pasi S.

The Dirtparts have not give me any replys about this. That was the place where I bought them.

And that is why you hear us say to buy from a reptuable shop vs. finding the absoluet cheapest price on ebay. How many times have you herd of Ebay's great customer service, vs. Site Sponcers customer service.

Your probably better off buying another piston out of your own pocket for now. I am sure wiseco wont send you a new one untile they recieve your old one and verify what you say is correct. I dont see the ebay seller bailing you out. If anyting gets done about it, it will be through wiseco them selves.

OK!! OK!! I know now.

Like I told you, I won´t use anyone else but well known builders after all of this.

Dirtparts replyed my message and they told me that they will replace my piston after I send it back to them.

It will take much time and I don´t have it. If I have to pay the shipping to USA and them back to Finland, it´s easyer and faster to buy a new piston here from Finland. The price is 170$/1 (123€).

I have also discussed about this situation with Wiseco Europe and Duell Finland.

Duell has one piston here in Finland.

I will tell you how it goes.

I also told to Wiseco Europe that I can always buy that piston here from Finland and pay for it. Then I will get that inaccurate piston back to the shop and demand my money back! Easy! but I don´t wan´t to do that.

-Pasi S.