wich oil should i use

9banshee6

• 1 month later...

x2 on the amsoil it is good stuff would like to run it in my sled but dont know if I can use dominator and am not sure if they make a 2 stroke oil for the sleds.

hank....amsoil dominator can be used in sleds......personally for my sled i run amsoil hp injector.....7800 problem free 2-stroke miles.

i thought you were supposed to mix at 32:1

Yamaha recomends 24:1 with Yamalube and 20:1 with any thing else, but that is just covering their ass during the warranty period. If you are using a GOOD two stroke oil, itis usually recomended to go from 32 to 50:1 with some synthetics even higher. I run Klotz R50 at40:1 for over 18 years and have had zero problems.

In my opinion, the only time you need a castor based oil is if you run methanol for fuel.

It stays mixed better...and methanol is corrosive, unlike gasonline...so you need the extra lubricant.

For a gas motor, Super M, R50, Golden Spectro...they're all good.

I personally think Amsoil is a joke for two stroke premix and gear/trans oil.

But like any other oil, it has it's band of faithful....nothing wrong with that.

A good mixture of 32:1 or 40:1 for a gas motor jetted and tuned properly and you'll have no oil/fuel related problems for a long time.

I've never, ever heard of benoil separating in gas. The only time I've heard it separating is in very, very low temps...which Klotz even tells you.

I use SuperTechniplate which has castor in it...but stays mixed at lower temps.

I use it in my methanol bike and in my other gas powered engines (my mini 50cc pit bike, chain saw, weed eater, etc.)

In those small motors that don't turn a lot of RPM, you don't want to mix it to rich, stay 40:1 or so. They don't turn the RPMs or build the heat to burn off the oil....