anyone use suzuki ltr shocks on yfz conversion?

BOOZER2009

just finished my yfz a arm conversion. looking to install ltr shocks. I read that the 2008 ltr shocks are softer then previous years. Has anyone used either? I have a lead on some 08's but don't want to get them if the 2007's are a better ride for this conversion. any help out there on this would be appreciated

just finished my yfz a arm conversion. looking to install ltr shocks. I read that the 2008 ltr shocks are softer then previous years. Has anyone used either? I have a lead on some 08's but don't want to get them if the 2007's are a better ride for this conversion. any help out there on this would be appreciated

Well first I'll say that I'm running 2009 yfz 450r shocks on my conversion and I love them. They really change the whole feel of the bike. But there are a few guys on here running the ltr shocks and I'm sure that someone will chime in shortly. Good luck with the conversion you should like it a lot.

I had a set of LTR shocks and couldn't get them to fit on my bike when I had the yfz conversion. It wasn't even close to fitting, although I have seen a few guys on here run them. I'm not quite sure how they pulled that off.

so what did you end up using? I want to get the height back. any other 17.25" shocks usable that are cheap?

I bought a set of Elka tripple rates with piggy backs that were 16.5" long. According to Elka, they were for yfz, 250r and raptor. They were perfect ride hieght and worked excellent. If I were you I wouldn't even buy shocks for the arms, I would just switch over to banshee suspension. I just didn't like the way the 450 front end turned.

i hope they work, i talked to evro on here and he has lots of pictures of his set up. I just bought a set of 2007 ltr shocks on ebay. I would have liked to gone with a banshee set up but i got arms, spindles, hubs for $60 and just got the shocks for $150. also sold my stock stuff for $160. so i got it all for $40!! Its got to be a better ride then stock? what ya think bbcmudtruck?

i hope they work, i talked to evro on here and he has lots of pictures of his set up. I just bought a set of 2007 ltr shocks on ebay. I would have liked to gone with a banshee set up but i got arms, spindles, hubs for $60 and just got the shocks for $150. also sold my stock stuff for $160. so i got it all for $40!! Its got to be a better ride then stock? what ya think bbcmudtruck?

yeah same for me. my banshee arms are long gone. i've heard more positive then negative on the conversion. i would think its better then stock as well. ltr shock coming tomorrow so we'll see. although i have not heard or thought about bad steerring on it.

Is your setup installed now? just curious what kind of hassles you had fitting the ltr's on the bike?

who's got pictures of the ltr set up?

I have been running a set of '08 ltr shocks (08 are valved slightly different)for a while with my conversion and i am extremely happy. they are a little tricky to get in there and do require some grinding on top mount of frame and some spacing on the bottom but over all well worth it imo.here is a couple pictures of mine.

post-31113-12620712511531_thumb.jpg

post-31113-12620714101604.jpg

I have been running a set of '08 ltr shocks (08 are valved slightly different)for a while with my conversion and i am extremely happy. they are a little tricky to get in there and do require some grinding on top mount of frame and some spacing on the bottom but over all well worth it imo.here is a couple pictures of mine.

yeah I read the 08 shocks were softer then previous years of the LtR's. but most people I chatted with had not used the 08's. I had a good deal on some 08's but I rolled the dice and bought 07's. I bought the banshee blown up. so I have no idea what he heck its gonna feel like. was there any particular reason you went with the 08's?

was there any particular reason you went with the 08's?

Yea because i found them for $125 haha i honestly didn't care if they were o7'-08's when i was searching i was happy finding a set to swap out,the stock suspension was horrible and doing this i really enjoy riding more because the way it handles-i can hit the whoops in 5th gear now and it soaks them up with ease (still need to do something with the rear) good luck and keep us posted,

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished putting my 07 lr shocks on tonight. I took the dust cap off one end of upper a arm to gain a cunt hair more. I also bent the lower shock mount tabs just a tiny bit on left side. Right side has more clearance then left for some reason. I have just over and 8th inch of left side and maybe a 1/4" on riht side. And had to trim the upper mounts a bit. Was easy to install. Ran it up and down the street and it runs killer. I just need to now how to set them for 190lbs running sand dunes mainly.