DYNOPORT EXHAUST

wow. i always read these threads and think why the hell is someone buying a banhsee to put put put in the trails with. i mean come on a 400ex is a LOT more fun in the trails and tight woods its lighter its simpler and you just dump gas right in the tank and put put put it all day long on 1 gallon of gas. a 400 kawa~zuki is the same way 700 rappy is even betta~

in all honesty the BEST trail pipe for a banshee is : STOCK!!! they are QUIET they FIT they dont burn your legs. NO other pipe fits those needs. there are ONLY a handfull of pipes that make the low end that the stockers do. and they are very very limited and the pro circuits are one of them. the PSI's and the t-6's in my opinion are an excellent trail pipe and YES i have had all of them. if the t-6's had a decent top end they would be my current favorite pipe but they SUCK on top. but damn they pull HARD on the bottom and thats with 14-38 gearin and toped out at 92mph DONT drop your gearing down

the dynoport sounds absolutely amazing, and the dmc 916's are the only other pipe that sounds similar. the dyno port pipe has been said over and over again is almost the same powercurve as stock with just s smidgin on top. so other than the indy car sound ( sweet) they SUCK.

NOW there IS a newer version of the dyno port 2-1 pipe out its a BIG chamber and BIG bore silencer BUT i havent heard anything about it and at 500 bucks its gonna be a hard sell. even dynoports twin big pipes are the same cost but are 2 pipes and 2 silencers?? how do they figure that one out? the 2-1 should only cost about 300 bucks i feel. its basically a single pipe/ silencer with a y pipe on the end...

also time and time again people get on these forums and ask advice listen to the advice then tell the advicegiver to go fuck themselves. well i say fuck you buy the DG's and then wonder why everyone with pro circuits are whopping your ass in a straight race. and why your bike pops on top cause its sapposed to have the same jetting..

hey dude i canceled the dynoport... not after arguing w them but whatever lol what i get for being an inpulse buyer. i think im going to order the gnarlys from FMF. There doing 20% off so iam looking at like 450. Would you reccomend there reeds? http://www.fmfracing.com/Mode/Bike/2005_YAMAHA_BANSHEE?PFinder=Reeds i know there the carbon fiber but i thought it would be cool to keep it all from FMF. idont know is my thinking wrong? ill def look ino the dual stage from boysen. would you reccomend the V-Force V3 reeds? thanks and i REALLY appreciate ur advice!

It sounds like you have some cash. Willing to buy from the Manufacturer. Ever thought of buying used pipes and getting a port job with a new top end? that will really oper her up. It sounds like you are willing to drop about 600 on the pipes and reeds. you can probably find a good used pair for $250. I have ran t6's and loved them with the trinity 2n1 carb system. Now i understand that the single carb limits some top end but i love the simplicity. I ran this set up for about a year and just pulled my juggs off and sent them to kevin at at herrjuggs. Really excited to put them on and run them after Xmas. In talking with him, i picked up a used pair of T5's with will react better to a port job.

The great thing with the Banshee world is alot of people will try alot of different products. If you keep it clean you can sell anything. another reason to buy used.

wow. i always read these threads and think why the hell is someone buying a banhsee to put put put in the trails with. i mean come on a 400ex is a LOT more fun in the trails and tight woods its lighter its simpler and you just dump gas right in the tank and put put put it all day long on 1 gallon of gas. a 400 kawa~zuki is the same way 700 rappy is even betta~

in all honesty the BEST trail pipe for a banshee is : STOCK!!! they are QUIET they FIT they dont burn your legs. NO other pipe fits those needs. there are ONLY a handfull of pipes that make the low end that the stockers do. and they are very very limited and the pro circuits are one of them. the PSI's and the t-6's in my opinion are an excellent trail pipe and YES i have had all of them. if the t-6's had a decent top end they would be my current favorite pipe but they SUCK on top. but damn they pull HARD on the bottom and thats with 14-38 gearin and toped out at 92mph DONT drop your gearing down

the dynoport sounds absolutely amazing, and the dmc 916's are the only other pipe that sounds similar. the dyno port pipe has been said over and over again is almost the same powercurve as stock with just s smidgin on top. so other than the indy car sound ( sweet) they SUCK.

NOW there IS a newer version of the dyno port 2-1 pipe out its a BIG chamber and BIG bore silencer BUT i havent heard anything about it and at 500 bucks its gonna be a hard sell. even dynoports twin big pipes are the same cost but are 2 pipes and 2 silencers?? how do they figure that one out? the 2-1 should only cost about 300 bucks i feel. its basically a single pipe/ silencer with a y pipe on the end...

also time and time again people get on these forums and ask advice listen to the advice then tell the advicegiver to go fuck themselves. well i say fuck you buy the DG's and then wonder why everyone with pro circuits are whopping your ass in a straight race. and why your bike pops on top cause its sapposed to have the same jetting..

WOW X3!!!!!

PS: i traded my z400 in on my brand new banshee because it was JUNK!!!!!

92 mph with 14/38 gearing??? You have to be rapping 10,500 rpms or have some tall tires.

hey crazyatvspazz, where do you live in ny? i live near auburn and my father is good friends with rich at dynoport and my buddys mom works there too. me and a couple buddys are always lookin for more people to ride with if your around our area we'll have to get together, and the dynoport pipe does sound awesome on my buddys bike, i was gonna get one just for the sound but ended up with a nice used set of fmf fattys for 100 bucks! hit me up if ya wanna tear up some shit :cheers:

I always set my Banshee's up for massive bottom end for tight woods and trail riding.All I ride is rocky mountain hillclimbs and tight knarly trails.

If you want a ton of bottom end out of a stockish motor, here is what you want to the T..

MotoFast 2-1 pipe..(Hard to find, you will have to search Ebay)

Cut your head .020...(You dont even have to do this, but it will get you even more low end torque)

Boyeson Power reeds.

Jet your stock carbs with 240 Main's(these mains will be fine for up to .040 over bore), needle in the middle, stock pilots, air screw 1-1/2 turns out(Assuming your altitude is around 600 ft.)

Get a 12 tooth frt sprocket.

K&N filter with 6-3/8ths holes drilled in your lid.

This set-up will allow you to putt anywhere, never fouling plugs, and you can just tap the clutch and slam the throttle wide open at will with no bog.

The bike will pull much like a 4 stroke at low RPM's pull hard in the mid, But it will absolutetly die off on the top end with this set-up.

It will still rev out well, it just wont make much power after the top of the midrange.

You wanted a honest answer for "bottom end power" and there it is.

Between My wife's, Brothers, Mine and my friend's shee, we have been running these set-ups for over 20 years combined.

It absoultely is about the best down low power you can get.

I have tried other dual systems, and yes they uncork more power, but you have to stay on the pipe to use it with most dual systems.

And this set-up above, will still allow you to tap out at about 65-68 MPH and cruise at about 55 MPH on long open roads.

Recently I switched to DMC 916's and left everything else the same,except I went to 280 Main jets.

These are doing very good down low, and man they really woke the bike up in the midrange and the top end screams, but they dont pull as much torque as the Motofast does down low.

Edited by 2twin350s

I always set my Banshee's up for massive bottom end for tight woods and trail riding.All I ride is rocky mountain hillclimbs and tight knarly trails.

If you want a ton of bottom end out of a stockish motor, here is what you want to the T..

Cut your head .020...(You dont even have to do this, but it will get you even more low end torque)

Boyeson Power reeds.

Jet your stock carbs with 240 Main's(these mains will be fine for up to .040 over bore), needle in the middle, stock pilots, air screw 1-1/2 turns out(Assuming your altitude is around 600 ft.)

This set-up will allow you to putt anywhere, never fouling plugs, and you can just tap the clutch and slam the throttle wide open at will with no bog.

The bike will pull much like a 4 stroke at low RPM's pull hard in the mid, But it will absolutetly die off on the top end with this set-up.

It will still rev out well, it just wont make much power after the top of the midrange.

Between My wife's, Brothers, Mine and my friend's shee, we have been running these set-ups for over 20 years combined.

I have tried other dual systems, and yes they uncork more power, but you have to stay on the pipe to use it with most dual systems.

And this set-up above, will still allow you to tap out at about 65-68 MPH and cruise at about 55 MPH on long open roads.

Recently I switched to DMC 916's and left everything else the same,except I went to 280 Main jets.

These are doing very good down low, and man they really woke the bike up in the midrange and the top end screams, but they dont pull as much torque as the Motofast does down low.

dude thanks for the awsome response. Ive decided iam going to set my 05 up for fast fire roads. Iam gettin rid of my KX250 and getting another shee. iam going to set it up exactly as u stated. U mentioned saving the head. could i just buy a cool head w domes? if so what size? Timing plate? thaxs and i feel like i owe you lol

No problem man.

I dont run the coolheads or timing plates.

I like to keep these engines reliable,so with every mod you do, you take a chance of adding more problems.

The only complaint I have with that set-up is the 2-1 pipes hold more heat in the engine,becuase they are so reliant on back pressure to make the torque.So after 20-30 minutes of low speed putting,and slow long hillclimbing in tight woods,they get little hot and start to spit a little coolant out the overflow.As long as you keep air moving over the rads, they do fine,but when you get climbing slow long hillclimbs on a 85+ degree day, they will get hot.Usually I shut it off, have a beer and smoke and back out I go.

Honestly, I wouldnt advance the timing,that would only make it run hotter.

I say run a aftermarket larger radiator, with That Cool Aid coolant, and a Hi flow Water pump.

Spend your money on those before a coolhead.

I would just get the pipe and filter first,and jet it,and do the 12 tooth frt sprocket.

Ride it and see how you like it.Even on a stock engine without the shaved head, they still pull really fat down low.

Then make sure you like it, then pull the head, mil it, throw in some new pistons,and get a low to mid range port job.

Both of My shee's have this done to it,and every trailrider who rode them absoulutely loves the power delivery of them.

My wife's has Namura power pistons in it, but I wont run them anymore just because I heard they fall apart.And I like the Wiesco's becuase they rev up a little quicker than the Namura's

Funny thing is, My wife's she has 6 years on her top end with no problems with those Namura Pistons.She has a 89 engine that has only been bored 2 times.Yes...2 times since 89.

My she had about 7 years on the original bore,then I rebuilt, and it has about 6 years on it now only 20 over it is a 96. My brother's shee had 11 years on the OEM topend and has about 3 years after the rebuild on it, he is 20 over and it is 93.

Honestly if you are tuned good with a nice sealed air-filter, and seal up your stator cover and are good on maintennace, you can run these motors for a few years before they need any top end work.I make my own Pro flow adapter out of the factory air filter cage,and use a large rubber O-ring and bolts to secure the adapter to the airbox.With a new K&N, making this set-up yourself is reliable and will only cost your the 27$ for the K&N.Instead of 100$ for that PRO Flow deal.

In 6 years, my wifes has only dropped 10 PSI of compression from 142-133.I am going to freshen hers up this spring.

I have been meaning to make a post about how to attack all the weak dirt sucking points of a Banshee engine, that causes problems,but I just not have gotten around to it.

Oh yeah I run pump gas 93 octane with Maxima 927 at 42-1.In all of them.

You dont owe me anything...LOL

Just post up how you like it when done.

Just make sure you get the motofast, and not the dynoport.The motofast was better.I have seen the system go for as little as $200 Shipped

I dont get on these forums too much, so if you have anymore questions you can drop me a Private message so I see it in my email.

hey man it's your bike get whatever pipe you want. will it have low end? yes. will it have mid-top? no.

also don't be afraid to re-jet your carbs...very quick and easy all you need is a screw driver to take them off and a wrench to get out the main. all you have to do is take off the bowls you dont even have to tear into the carbs...very simple

Boyeson Power reeds.

I dont agree with this, there are some things here that are not a good idea to do. Like running a 12 tooth sprocket will make your chain wear through your swingarm pivot. Go up in the rear if you want to gear lower than a 13 tooth front.

I am also a firm believer the pro circuits will perform better everywhere than the 2 into 1 pipe. I like to add compression to increase power everywhere, and advance timing to improve power ass well. If you run premium octane pump fuel, you wont have any issues with heat or detonation with compression under 155 psi and slightly advancing the timing.

Edited by Snopczynski

I live in Skaneateles just outside auburn...... I ride mostly woods and wide open fields along with a variety of 4 strokes(Raptor 660, 2 warrior 350's, predator 500, YFZ450, and a Grizzly 700) and one Blaster 200. I ran (pre head gasket leak and hi speed melt down) 60 over, timing advanced 7 degrees, reed cage spacers, dynojet kit, proflow adapter/k&n filter lid off airbox, boost bottle(still not totally convinced but had it 8 years), fmf fattys/ power core 2's, and a homedone port clean up. first i would like to say i love my shee and have since day one in stock form in 1998. second when people ask if i would reccomend one for woods riding i say no..... not because its not good in the woods, you just need to know how to ride a 2 stroke. I always say stay in second gear, high rev's and know where the clutch is! this brings me to my point... i have loads of low end and stay well a head of the raptor and predator in the woods( riding experiance also plays a key role) but i was also able to lay down a 105 mph top speed run down a private road paced by a kawasaki 900rr ninja (sure somebody will quesion that). you can gain lowend and top end all at the same time, just need to know how to use the powerband to your advantage.

now for the haters!!!!! you may not agree with my set up but it works for me and it keeps me out front. i may get beat out of the hole by four strokes but i have the lead when it counts!

Raptor 660 by 3 quad lengths at the 1/4 mile mark( DMC alien exhaust, dynojet jet kit, k&n filter)

Predator 500 by 2 quad lengths at the 1/4 mile mark(K&N filter, slip on muffler not sure what kind, and jetted)

will post videos when i get them off the crashed laptop on to this one

• Like 1

you need to back your timing down 7 degree on gas is too much dont go over 4..

wish you guys lived closer i'd let ya throw a leg over my "trail" bike with the t-6's on it. see what you thought of the "tq" it makes. and yes they SUCK on top. but holy shit the midrange/ bottom end!

got any pics of the motofast? i think i rember one i totally forgot that there was 2 different models of this and really didnt even know.

i know on dyno ports site there is a newer version out of the 2-1 pipe it looks like a lot better design not sure how it performs..