What size carbs?

• 2 weeks later...

have a 2000 banshee w/ fmf pipes/silencers, barnett clutch, k&N, modified airbox, and Boost bottle. Dont really plan on doing much more work to it. what size carbs do you recommend to bring up performance?

If you're not gonna port or stroke, you might as well stick with the stockers. Get rid of the TORS and call it a day.

I know it's vogue to run big ass carbs, but the trade-off in power delivery/throttle response/fuel economy isn't worth the resultant crappy performance on a stockish motor.

Your greater gain would be to clean up the transfers or get porting matched to your riding type.

Finally:

The answer to the elusive carb sizing question is....

Get the smallest one(s) that will do the job you want. I run 33PWK's but I only run in the sand, have a somewhat aggressive port +4mil.

My $0.02

Jay in SanD.

If you're not gonna port or stroke, you might as well stick with the stockers. Get rid of the TORS and call it a day.

I know it's vogue to run big ass carbs, but the trade-off in power delivery/throttle response/fuel economy isn't worth the resultant crappy performance on a stockish motor.

Your greater gain would be to clean up the transfers or get porting matched to your riding type.

Finally:

Get the smallest one(s) that will do the job you want. I run 33PWK's but I only run in the sand, have a somewhat aggressive port +4mil.

My $0.02

Jay in SanD.

x2 going to big is a waist of money more hp and better power elsewhere

spend the coin you were going to spend on carbs on some porting and ull be MUCH happyer

x2 going to big is a waist of money more hp and better power elsewhere

spend the coin you were going to spend on carbs on some porting and ull be MUCH happyer

Sorry if some of these questions seem elementary but new to the banshee world. my other machine was fourtrax 250R. if i go w/ ported cylinders instead of carbs ur saying i would feel a bigger improvement? if i do go w/ ported cylinders do i have to do anything w heads? W/ porting would i have to go w/ bigger carbs or can i just re jet?

Sorry if some of these questions seem elementary but new to the banshee world. my other machine was fourtrax 250R. if i go w/ ported cylinders instead of carbs ur saying i would feel a bigger improvement? if i do go w/ ported cylinders do i have to do anything w heads? W/ porting would i have to go w/ bigger carbs or can i just re jet?

yes you will get a much better improvement all round with porting than carbs (porting and pipes are the 2 biggest improvement mods)

atm your bike will go a little better with bigger carbs.. but will take power away from your bottem end

and u wont have to upgrade your carbs after porting. tho with porting carb upgrade will get you some more power

i would safely say.. go porting :)

I've been doing alot of research on the whole "bigger carbs" mod. After talking to ALOT of people about performance mods and best bang for the buck, I've decided to wait on getting new carbs and spend my money on a good port job and crank true&weld.

From what people are telling me stock carbs are good too about 65hp, and they will run just fine with a ported motor.

Call and talk to a site sponsor like Brandon from WILDCARD, Jeff from FAST, or Kevin from HJR. I dont think either one of them would steer you the wrong way.

Brandon Avery owner of Wildcard Racing runs stock carbs on his stock stroke, stock cylinder bike. i know its pretty effing fast with the port he has done to it. and im pretty sure there stock carbs. give him a call. hes doing my motor, 4mil stock cylinder full drag port!!!!!

Finally:

My $0.02

Jay in SanD.

i just put a 421 cub on and i have big bore cpi's and i'm thinking about getting 38 mm lectrons, will that be good set up?

To the OP, i agree, stay stock, i have a FAST dune ported 350 that i run T5s and stock carbs on and it is a blast, bike runs great everywhere, would it make more HP with some 33 pwk, probably, but im not gonna bother to find out, it has such great throttle response and power everywhere, i dont want to change anything