Porting for shearers

edj3663

Many other pipes make quite a bit more power in the midrange and a good increase up top.

That's why you run a 4mill. It allows you to run more agressive porting and pipes while maintaing a decent mid range.

A dune port is a perfict match for the banshee. It makes for a strong mid range and top end.You do give up low end in exchange for the mid and top end gain. The Banshee wasn't built for low end, if you need to go slow and lugg it get a 4 stroke. CPI's do what Toomey T5's do only better.

I trail ride my dune ported 4 mill with CPI's no problem.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya im with you, I dont give a care about a low end, some mid range is nice but top end is amazing. The 4 mil build with cpis and dune port sounds like a wicked set up. I can hopefully beat my friends yfz and shut em up lol.

Ya im with you, I dont give a care about a low end, some mid range is nice but top end is amazing. The 4 mil build with cpis and dune port sounds like a wicked set up. I can hopefully beat my friends yfz and shut em up lol.

lol, I don't think that will be a problem at all! Never had a yfz outrun one of my dune 4mils....even have a couple 535 acohol burners at the mountain:)

Yea build it and dont tell them what you have. I would go with CPI's they have a wicked mid and top end, where the shearers are more top end. I would run shearers with a cub, and CPI's with a dune port. CPI's are a little more forgiving if you bog it.

• 4 weeks later...