Duning with +6 Swingarm

HOODWORKZ

ive had a +6 on my 10mm cub banshee bike for like 4 years now. ive gotten so used to it i can whip my bike around with no problem. id say +4 or +6 will be fine for duning. at first, it might seem long, but its really not. id have no issues getting around anywhere with a +6.

I've had my 6 for 4-5 years and love it. The only problem i have with it is when turning the bike around. In some the treeshots i do there's no room to whip it around and the turning radius is to big. but oh well doesn't happen often. If fact when i get my new motor i'm going to an 8 over.

I've used +2, +4 and a +6.. the 6 was good for your average dune riding.. but got a bit hair for me while jumping. I'm not exactly gifted when it comes to jumping to begin with.. The 4 was a good all around arm.. My favorite was probably the +2. Just a lil extra to help keep the front down but was very controllable.

Do you ever go on two wheels when turning because when I first went

with my haulers I was tipping my bike turning on the flat stuff

Yeah you have to get used to it! Play around and what works. When i whip mine i get up towards the bars and hang off the side. What size haulers u running?

When I had my plus 6 my bike was a blast. I had elkas on mine Loco now has my rear shock. Most bikes with long arms have the rearend real high and that makes em tippy. I like em with a lowering link in back the best but I like my bikes low.

When I had my plus 6 my bike was a blast. I had elkas on mine Loco now has my rear shock. Most bikes with long arms have the rearend real high and that makes em tippy. I like em with a lowering link in back the best but I like my bikes low.

todd, i got the shock painted and on.. realized it was way too stiff for me. the bike wouldnt squat about 2 inches with me on it.

i called elka and gave them the serial number. that shock was built in 2003 for a +14 swingarm and 220 pound rider. :whoa: no wonder it didnt go down when i got on it.

for $105 they are sending me a dual rate setup for my weight.. still, not a bad deal at all.

I had a plus 6 on my dunner for years, loved it. I put a ebach rear spring on it cause Im a big guy and it made it even better. You learn how to use your body to whip your bike around trees in the real sharp tree shots at the bottom when turning around but I have never had a problem. I actually have a plus 10 on mine now and do everything I did with the 6.

Yea I just put mine on yesterday and I dont like how high it sits...are the lowering links for rear ok for duning and jumping? can you post a pic of your bike with the 6 on Ill get one of mine up too.

Yea I just put mine on yesterday and I dont like how high it sits...are the lowering links for rear ok for duning and jumping? can you post a pic of your bike with the 6 on Ill get one of mine up too.

Got any pics? I'm torn between the 4 and 6. A cousin of mine runs an 8, and gets around with no problems.