Drag Engine

PaddleShee

cause its already set to hold up to the bigger motors, you dont have to have that clutch system but ive seen 8-9 plate hinson systems with extra weights on the lockup not hold to 14mm dm's torque and show better torque numbers on the same dyno with the mattoon system, and we're talking about a bigger motor than that now.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the lock up's doing manufactured right now are single stage lockers. Not really any tuning that goes into one. CPindInc is coming out with some new lock ups that will allow you to adjust the amount of slip the clutch has, but they aren't open to the public yet.

Here is a video against my good friend Dennis Packard.

Who took that video i was sitting right behind where that video was shot. Wish i would have met a few people out there when i was there just hard to put names and faces to people i've never seen before. Maybe next year i'll meet up with some people. That guy in the white shirt from Puerto Rico was a trip we got him hammered the first day we were there.

motor: 18mm or if your going that big may look into the 20mm's dm/dmx: billet cases is a must for reliability, the trans i would at the very very least run a billet 2nd gear set with a 1-5 override. carbs depends on the builders suggestions 39-44's is normal. pipes same again, custom built ones for that specific motor would cost a little more or which ever is found to work best at the time..

the lock up is deffinitly a must as well, the way that they work is centrifugal force pulls the arms that the weights are on out away from the center, the arms are pressing directly onto the pressure plate holding the clutches together.. with that being said, the mattoon clutch system would work better for the bigger motors i would think.

an 18 mill dm or 18 mill dmx will run with or out run alot of the 20s motors 20 to 26 if i was going to speed the money to build another big motor myself it would be a tripple of some sort if i was going to stay with a twin i would run a spreed bore cougar or caracal ive seem a 26mill cougar run strong as hell (with 18mill tripple twister)the tripple snomo motors are fast if your going to go big go real big do a cougar or tripple or even a tripple cougar because if your going to build over winter you better build something thats the biggest out there now cause race time next year it will be to small and something bigger and faster will new and out at the track somewhere

cause its already set to hold up to the bigger motors, you dont have to have that clutch system but ive seen 8-9 plate hinson systems with extra weights on the lockup not hold to 14mm dm's torque and show better torque numbers on the same dyno with the mattoon system, and we're talking about a bigger motor than that now.

I run an 8 plate...

A spread bore is basically 2 individual cylinders side by side correct? What's the significance behind running a spread bore? Bigger bores? More HP? What sizes to cougars run? 14,16,18,20 mil and bigger correct?

A spread bore is 120mm center to center. A stock case is 102mm. If you build a spread bore you can't run in the normal classes at a PS race. You can ONLY race against other cougars. It is silly to even recommend a cougar right now because they are not going any faster than a non-spread, plus they can only race in one PS sanctioned class (which is sounds like he is interested in). If it is your first motor, don't build a triple.

The Puerto Rico guys are crazy...lol, you have to watch yourself around them guys :rotflmao:

I would go DM/DMX over twister personally. Cheaper and faster. I wouldn't go cougar until they are a little more figured out.

Even an 18mm DM will need a billet trans with you on it. Remember, your weight puts stress on all the parts.

You don't want to cut corners on a big build. It will just cost you more in the end.

A complete billet trans like the one WCR sells or just a billet second gear? What is the upper HP limit of the stock type tranny?

A complete billet trans like the one WCR sells or just a billet second gear? What is the upper HP limit of the stock type tranny?

The only company that manufactures billet transmissions is Robinson. They make a full billet 1-4 (billet shafts, drum, gears) and a billet 1-5 which uses billet gears and stock shafts. Upper limit IMO is a true 140-150hp.

My buddy has an 18mm DM and explodes a stock tranny with the billet 2nd set everytime he goes out. Matt Shearer had the same problem. It just isn't worth it IMO to skimp on.

Awe come on Sonny. Dont get mad....lol. AVI will be a blast. I hope I get to do some racing. Its still unclear if I will be piloting a bike yet. All of this dieting and it could be for nothing shoothead.gif . Someones getting kicked in the nuts if that happens. And if he reads this, he knows i'm talking about him yelrotflmao.gif .

LMAO your wife will appreciate it anyway tim. I told you i will let you make some passes and i will, dont worry. Im going to be getting the dmx on the dyno maybe this weekend to see if we can brake the chassis again lol just messing with you man. Chris isnt going untill he is on the plane and we takeoff. Ill tell you what as soon as the race is over ill take you guys out for a big ole steak and you can just go crazy. Chris told me that garrett is wanting him to ride there turbo dmx in the unlimited 650 class so if he does that you can have mine and all the spray you can handle Bolt.gif .

Cougar is a spread bore correct? Whats the line up from smallest to biggest.

Stock,,cub,,super cub,,Cheetah,,Dm,,Dmx,,Cougar etc etc??

Theres no way i'm gonna build a tripple right off the get go. I'm leaning toward a cougar perhaps a 18 or 20mil. Should get my weight down the track nicely.

wher are you from paddle you should go to a track with some fast bikes and watch them run and ask questions to anyone there most people love to talk about there bikes find out what there running and see what fits your tate the best

The only company that manufactures billet transmissions is Robinson. They make a full billet 1-4 (billet shafts, drum, gears) and a billet 1-5 which uses billet gears and stock shafts. Upper limit IMO is a true 140-150hp.

My buddy has an 18mm DM and explodes a stock tranny with the billet 2nd set everytime he goes out. Matt Shearer had the same problem. It just isn't worth it IMO to skimp on.

someone makes a complete billet transmission for the banshees? thats fuckin crazy. how much do those things run? got any pictures of them?