RDZ out frame drag pipes

krispy05shee

Just wondering if anyone runs these? im building the girl friend a 4 mill drag ported stock cylinder bike.. just wondering on how the quality is on em. if the chrome was good? if they fit snug? any input will help, just never seen em in person. gonna have a set of pro circuits for sale soon if anyone is inerested! thanks!

rdz are some great pipes . they are comparied close to shears for power .. cant go wrong with them.

The RDZ pipes are actually pipes that Mat Shearer built and was sending out several pipes to Rob Earls and Dan hall for testing here in Michigan. Once they liked a set of hand built pipes that Mat designed and built, they had them stamped behind Mat's back.

With that in mind, Mat worked on a better set of pipes and had them stamped.

From the hours I have spent on the dyno and track testing, there are no better pipes for drag racing then Mat Shearer's pipes.

Planet sand drag events are won by bikes, both yamaha and Honda by shearer pipes on almost all the bikes.

hell ya thanks for all the input! I have another quick question tho.. might be changing my mind on the 4mill stock cylinder set up..

would i get more hp if i left the hotrod stock stroke crank in it and just threw a set of cubs on it? do those still come in 65,68,and 72mm for stock stroke?

The RDZ pipes are actually pipes that Mat Shearer built and was sending out several pipes to Rob Earls and Dan hall for testing here in Michigan. Once they liked a set of hand built pipes that Mat designed and built, they had them stamped behind Mat's back.

From the hours I have spent on the dyno and track testing, there are no better pipes for drag racing then Mat Shearer's pipes.

Planet sand drag events are won by bikes, both yamaha and Honda by shearer pipes on almost all the bikes.

Just to clarify, RDZ does make their own pipes. And stamped pipes are not considered hand built pipes.. Whether or not they are Shearer copies, or were at one time actually Shearer's,I don't know and don't care. They are outstanding pipes.

hell ya thanks for all the input! I have another quick question tho.. might be changing my mind on the 4mill stock cylinder set up..

would i get more hp if i left the hotrod stock stroke crank in it and just threw a set of cubs on it? do those still come in 65,68,and 72mm for stock stroke?

Good 4 mil stock cylinders and stock stroke cub (68mm bore = 392 cc) are comparable in 300 ft times. 72 mm bore is the Super Cub and requires a little case work. Not sure is stock stroke is offered in that or not. Don't see why it shouldn't be, but I'd stay away from it for the cost.

RDZ pipes are ear peircing for some reason

Haha they cant be any louder then the cpi's i run! Gives me just one more reason to wear a helmet tho... I went down to LS for demon dash last weeked and broke a chain rollin into 4th needless to say im glad the ol lid was there cuz now i have a chunk missing from the back of my helmet instead of my head! broken chains can can go wierd places....

Edited by krispy05shee

That rumor is old.. back from when Rob/Dan started the pipe venture. I heard a different story but either way you look at it.. its still third hand info.

Robs pipes fit great. and his chrome is WAAAAAAY better then anything that has EVER came out of Matt's shop. I've seen dyno's of both pipes on the same bike.. RDZ's made the better power. But.. that motor was built to the pipe. There is no BEST pipe. Every builder has his own configuration.. Good builders can make the engine favor one pipe over another. Best thing to do is talk to the builder.. See what he's found to work the best on his setups.

That rumor is old.. back from when Rob/Dan started the pipe venture. I heard a different story but either way you look at it.. its still third hand info.

Robs pipes fit great. and his chrome is WAAAAAAY better then anything that has EVER came out of Matt's shop. I've seen dyno's of both pipes on the same bike.. RDZ's made the better power. But.. that motor was built to the pipe. There is no BEST pipe. Every builder has his own configuration.. Good builders can make the engine favor one pipe over another. Best thing to do is talk to the builder.. See what he's found to work the best on his setups.

Yo Shane

who's dyno did you do the test on? I have a 200IX dynojet and have ran them back to back. The Shearer pipe has always been the better pipe.

Rob or dan CAN NOT fabricate a HAND BUILT PIPE. Thats why Rob's so called pipe has remained the same.

Good luck with that Nate built engine, you will need