RDZ out frame drag pipes

krispy05shee

Yo Shane

who's dyno did you do the test on? I have a 200IX dynojet and have ran them back to back. The Shearer pipe has always been the better pipe.

Rob or dan CAN NOT fabricate a HAND BUILT PIPE. Thats why Rob's so called pipe has remained the same.

Good luck with that Nate built engine, you will need

hmm.. if you read my post.. it says. I've "seen"

I dont know what Rob or Dan can or cannot fabricate.. Dont care either.. I honestly dont know what that has to do with me?

Trashing builders now huh? real original...

I almost bought a set of RDZ's but I ended up going with Shearer's since thats what my builder said to go with.

I would go with whatever your builder said to go with. I personally can handle a few flaws in looks if Im making more power!

It depends on who you listen to on the RDZ/Shearer pipe story.

Either way, I've run Shearer's pipe the last three years. They do run great.

I've also split the seam on the same pipe three years in a row.

This last time I had a professional weld them with stainless welding rod.

These pipes run great on my bike, no doubt. But when they're in a box, from MI to California to get re-welded, rechromed and mailed back, they don't run too well.

My next set of pipes will be White Knuckle or possibly even CPI.

hey thanks for all the input! the main reason i asked the quality of the rdz's was i have never seen a set of shearers that still looked new after a few seasons... whether or not they squeeze out 2-3 more hp doesnt bother me as much rusting and cracking out $600 pipes. ive always been a cpi fan and have ran the inframes for a long time, just recently got the outframes. But now that they discontinued the sbof cpi's i figured id have to look at another company, never heard anything bad about rdz so i thought id see what ya all thought

the big bore cpi's will run great on a stock cylinder'd bike the biggest dirrefference you will see is the launch and overrev the cpi's will be easier to launch if the rider is a lil skiddish BUT they usually wont overrev like the shear'rs do. the shear's will not launch super hard with some heat in them ( bogg). BUT they do perform great. i would stick with the bigger versions of the cpi's as far as cpi pipes go i never liked the small bore's they worked ok but just didnt get it done like the big bore's or the shearer's on top. both shear's and cpis like just about the same porting. as far as what i have found on my bikes that is..

yea if you are worried about noise, then RDZ is not the way to go.. they are easily the loudest pipes i have ever heard, and it is most likely due to the little hook that they put on the end of the stinger, seems to really make the sound amplify.. even with a helmet on they are still ear piercing