Lost my crossover tube, whats a temporary repair?

well, i just re-ringed my banshee, and put the top end back together, but i lost my crossover tube in the process, so for now to just test if it fires up a friend of mine and i put our thumbs to cover the whole from the intake and fired it... but we need something else to make it rideable. So is it fine if we just completely block it with something? or there must be some kind of " crossover tube" so that the intakes are connected or whatever the crossover tube is supposed to do.

Just go to your local auto parts store and get a couple inches of black fuel line in the similar size for like $2 and clamp it in and what not. Good to go. :ph34r:

Just go to your local auto parts store and get a couple inches of black fuel line in the similar size for like $2 and clamp it in and what not. Good to go. :ph34r:

Hmm, i think its my time to get myself a boost bottle, atleast ill have somethign to add to my mods list thatll make it seem meaner :) and at the same time gain a good 0.5 hp

just get the fuel line you arent going to pick up any power from a boost bootle. its just a gimmic that some jack ass made up to make a buck.

yeah, i was kidding :/... but i what i really need to know is, does it make a difference if i block them or have a tube between them?

just block them off and make sure your carbs are synced and youll be fine.

so let me get this right, the crossover mainly helps if my carbs arent synced ( which they arent) no wonder it was sounding REALLY really lean, when we put our thumbs to block it temporaily. so i guess because its not synced. when we revved it abit with our thumbs on it... it was really throaty sound and you could hear the huge amount of air, as if it were really lean.. that bogging noise every time we tried to rev it a tiny bit... so i guess ill need the crossover.

Here check out this post, it'll help you on getting you carbs sync'd up:

Carb Sync

all that shows me is how to sync a carb with a tool that i dont have. they are synced to as much as my eyes can see. more than that i dont know. dont have that much money to pay 50$ + international shipping for a sync tool i need to use for 10 seconds

all that shows me is how to sync a carb with a tool that i dont have. they are synced to as much as my eyes can see. more than that i dont know. dont have that much money to pay 50$ + international shipping for a sync tool i need to use for 10 seconds

Do you have a Volkswagen shop near you, if they work on classic bugs/Vw's, they should have one available. The sync tool is a standard tool for type 2 & 3 Volkwagens (Buses, Wagons, Karmagia).