CUB Cylinder

stroking

hey i got some cub cylinder for a good price and the guy said they are drag ported,can anyoneshow me a pic of cub cylinder that have been drag ported so i can see if i got the same thing.

Measure the I.D. of the exhaust port. That'll give you an idea of whether its been ported or not. I don't remember what it is out of the box, but most builders open them up more. Get a measurement, and I can compare it to one of mine.

measure the sleeve side of the exhaust port, width and height from the deck. then measure the highest point on the transfers (which should be even across them) to the top of the deck.

the casting flaws is usually all thats cleaned up in the intake runners.

i think thats all thats done to it....intake clean up

i want this thing to run HARDDDD....so how can do the best work on cubs ?

im looking for 6.20's or lower

its a 4mil cub with 37mm carbs on alcohol,CPI drag pipes....think that will pull 6.20's ?

i think thats all thats done to it....intake clean up

i want this thing to run HARDDDD....so how can do the best work on cubs ?

im looking for 6.20's or lower

its a 4mil cub with 37mm carbs on alcohol,CPI drag pipes....think that will pull 6.20's ?

with the right gearing, tires suspension and some lightening done you should see those times.. then again theres always spray.. then you can go much faster..

6.20s in what footage? its hard to tell ..but i can tell you off the bat youll want bigger carbs and bowls if not fuel pumps.Your set up has alot to do with what times you run

Edited by 2bzy2p

I have a 4 mill cub with 39pwk alky carbs and run 6.7's @98mph in the 1/8 mile. I think 6.2s will be pretty hard with a 4 mill. If u want a fast drag bike that u will be satisfied with for a while build a 10 mill. This is my first drag quad. After three trips to the strip I am bored with the 4 mill..

• 3 weeks later...

jeff at F.A.S.T. DRAG PORTED MY 4 MIL CUB CYLNS.. nate MCcoy builds some sick motors, so does k&t.. , might hollar at kevin herr aswell .

i didnt see a overide in ur post ,are u running one. like shannon said... probably be safe and run a pump and billett bowls. having a light bike helps also .

set up, set up ,set up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't really go by those 5's your seeing on the 4mill. If they are run by who i think they are they are from PR. Also you really have to have a good nitrous setup and know what your doing to run that big of a shot and not destroy your engine. It can be done but by few. And chassis and everything else has to be setup perfect to hit numbers like that . Its not easy . Theres some DM'S That people can't even get to run numbers that low yet.