28mm pwk keihins or 30mm oko's?

volcrano

yo-just wondering whats a better carb for my app.i got pro circuit platinums as well-mods are listed in sig except for the cpis.ride alot in the trails and wookds in ohio.thanks guys.

I run the 30mm OKO's on my F.A.S.T. ported 4mil woods bike... I can't say enough good about them. Awsome carbs for the money. I had a pair of 28mm PWK's and had nothing but problems with them... not that that means anything, I have had several Keihin carbs with no problems.

Only thing i dont like about the 30oko's are the fuel inlet. The damn brass piece should be bigger. For that reason i wouldnt buy another set. Other than that, works great. However, it wouldnt of bothered me to stick with stock carbs.

Edited by RagunCajun

You have a dune/drag port?

no-i messed that up-i have an aggresive trail/dune port.ive been adjusting my bike as to what ur telling me snoop so i hope im in the right direction.ive since sold the cpis and have pro circuit platinums on now.i ordered boots for my chariot billet intake so i can use at least stockers now instead of the 34mms.im probably going to dump the v3 reeds,but i opened a post about the vitos carbon flex stage 2 reeds.they are 1/2 the price of carbon tech or boyesen and ive always had good luck with vitos.now-should i dump the intake,or will it not make a difference in power?and also should i port my stock cages for 2 stage reeds or leave them alone????so as of now-the bike has pc pipes,26mm stockers on chariot billet intake machined for v3 reeds.what do u think????

Whoever ported your bike should be able to help you with mods and/or carb selection.

i agree but not in this case.its like talking to a roll of toilet paper calling him.useless info to say the least-but really did do a nice job on porting,very clean-well leave it at that for the rest of the service.

28's with a trail port, I wouldn't go bigger than that. I dont like much of vito's stuff, so I am gonna recommend the carbon tech or the boyeseen dual stage reeds on stock cages.

understood.last question-port stock cages or leave them alone??if yes on porting-are there any links to do it??

i agree but not in this case.its like talking to a roll of toilet paper calling him.useless info to say the least-but really did do a nice job on porting,very clean-well leave it at that for the rest of the service.

Damn that sucks to hear. My bad.

What needle are you guys running with your 28 and 30mm carbs. Not the needle clip but the needle itself. Thanks.