my banshee has 0 compression in both cylinders

_Al_

just spend the cash to get a bore job and new pistons......

ur better off that way.... as far as the "metal gasket" get a new one.... after you torque it the gaskets no good...... MAKE SURE the raised part of the gasket is facing upp. i use threebond to seal it up...WORKS WONDERS .. compression checks are to be done when its warm... i would focus on the reeds make sure they arent stuck or show daylight... get a bore job and new pistions seal it up and go from there :shootself:

This doesn't make any sense. Even if your rings were finished, it would register some compression. It is damn near impossible to register 0. Even with no rings installed it would probably still register compression. I've seen pistons with holes burned in the center of them still register like 40 psi. If the reeds were stuck closed (which I have never seen), it would still have compression. There is still air on top of the piston that gets compressed when the ports are closed. So, unless your pistons aren't moving, you are going to have some compression.

Does it feel like there is any compression when you kick it? Get a new gauge.

Edited by Valin

actually, it fires up pretty easy, damn near 1/2 kick with no exhaust, and if you are already running alot of fuel, it will rev. after all, the modern exhaust is relatively new to 2 stroke engines. what i was getting at was that a stuck ring can act like no ring, and i can see some gapping in the cylinder......enough to warrant new pistons/bore, which would require some dynamic kicking to turn much compressoin at all, ringless.

i mean't no exhaust...at all. i actually bruised the bridge of my foot and have been limping for days from kicking that stupid thing over, i swear i must have kicked it over 500-700 times (and i wouldn't consider that an overestimation)...i don't give up easily! but yes, it needs a bore/piston set. might just say screw it and sell it.