What carbs do you suggest ?

shelrad1

I have a 91 Banshee that I bought new. Currently I'm running the factory carbs ( 340 mains & 25 pilots )and am thinking about upgrading. Motor has the following upggrades : head milled & re-domed, play porting, trued & welded crank, timing advanced, flywheel lightened, WEISCO Pro light pistons, IMS pro series connecting rods, FMF gold series pipes & silencers,FMF reeds, Pro-flow intake and filter, no airbox lid. What brand and size carb would you guys recommend ? I live in S.E. Kansas, ride fast trails and go to Little Sahara occasionally. Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Some like the 30 OKO's some don't .I would believe the 33's to be to large on a stock stroke, play ported setup. My choice goes to 28mm PWK's. Hands down great carb for all around use and will be used on my ported hillshoot setup when completed.

This is prolly going to be it. Its almost all I want power-wise now. I'm 40 :( Dont race or anything like that, just ride with family & friends. Thanks

hey it dosent matter about age!! as long as ur happy..... my dad runs two 33's on a dune port and they are down jetted.....

you never know... you might get a hair up ur ass and want to go bigger on carbs..... :whoa:

i would get a set of 33's downjet them... cause if u wanna go bigger then u can jet the carbs fatter...

if u have the 28's and u wanna go bigger ur gunna have to buy bigger carbs...

im saying this just from what my dad has been thru. he was in your same shoes.. just tryin to save u a couple hundred bucks :cheers:

Edited by sToCk7miLL

Not true at all, 28pwk's will feed a 4 mil trail setup just fine when setup properly.

all im saying is why not get the bigger carbs and down jet them.... because if u want to go bigger then ur set... 28's arent gunna feed a cub if he gets a hair up his ass an wants to go fast.... im just sayin....