are theese pistons any good?

cheeta

yeah i broke down and got the weisco's i cant have that always in the back of my head that im running cheap pistons. But are the wristpin berrings and gaskets that come in the complete kits they sell on ebay any good i would usualy buy them strait from yamaha heres a link to the kit i bought

http://cgi.ebay.ca/WISECO-YAMAHA-BANSHEE-PISTON-BEARINGS-GASKET-KIT-STD_W0QQitemZ320423213641QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9ab63a49&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Edited by cheeta

anyone know of a coated lr piston?

Wiseco 795 Series Pistons here. The skirts are coated with PC9 dry film lubercant, and the piston heads, and domes are coated with a ceramic thermal barrier. I didnt do it to gain hp but to help it last longer.

TBC done on the domes and piston heads.

http://www.swaintech.com/store.asp?pid=10963

PC-9 on the skirts.

http://www.swaintech.com/store.asp?pid=10964

SwainTechPiston.jpg

SwainTechDome.jpg

The PC-9 really works. When installed my first set of coated pistons, the bore was a little tight on on the bottom. I did 5-6 heat cycles. Then took it out for some light cruising on and off the throttle down some gravel roads. I had ran probably half a tank through it driving down the road. I went to open it up for a quick blast through a couple gears. When I let off the throttle it locked up. Rear tires sliding. I grab the clutch lean back on the seat and start snapping the clutch in and out. I got it to break loose. It idled real slow for a min or two. I then took off and cruised real slow, not even on the pipe. I got back home and it was idling like normal. I did a compression check and it was right at 180-180.

70 gallons later (1.5 barrels of race fuel).

I was trail riding and had a cylinder come loose. It blew the gasket out. I got towed back to my truck and loaded it up. Took it home just expecting to put a new set of base gaskets in. It had been running fine, up until the point were the cylinder came loose. None of this damage was done due to the cylinder coming loose because I immediately shut it down and got towed back to my truck.

I believe this damage happened when it locked up during break in. It looked like it smeared the coating and that little speck of aluminum in the cylinder was the only aluminum that transfered. Both pistons had damage but just one cylinder had the little speck of aluminum. Just a quick hone and I was good to go with another set of coated pistons.

100_2082.jpg

100_2076.jpg

100_2072.jpg

100_2077.jpg

100_2074.jpg

100_2073.jpg

100_2070.jpg

WSM makes a quality piston.. I prefer them over wiseco myself.. But thats just my opinion. I used them in my 4mil for 2yrs with ALOT of passes and they came out in great shape.

x2. I have a set in my bike with nothing but great results so far.

WSM pistons are made by Wossner GmbH in germany. They're make engine parts for for various bmw, benz, porsche, and audi's. They're right on par with Mahle or any other top name european company.