went end over end today

dtcohen

so I was home from college this weekend and did a lot of riding. So today before I head back to college I decide I better wash the shee. So I hit up the quarter wash, clean her up good, then take it back to the shop. Then I say to myself "I'm gonna ride up and down the driveway a time or two before I leave. Took off down the driveway hauling ass, wasn't paying attention and let a right had curve sneak up on me. Needless to say I didnt make the turn, so I run off the driveway into the grass where there is a hump that is about 2 ft tall. I hit the hump way to fast, the nose of the shee dug in and sent it end over about 3 and a half times. An older couple on the road saw the whole thing happen and thought I had just killed myself, lol. Luckily I didn't get seriously hurt, and the banshee didn't get totaled either.

Total damage to the shee:

1 broken ball joint (aftermarket a-arms with removable joints)

popped 1 headlight out (popped back into place when I got back to the shop)

The part of the frame that the grab bar bolts to got bent down, but I should be able to bend it back into place and reinforce it some.

and the grab bar got bent

Total damage to me:

Hurt pride

possible broken bone in my foot

I don't know why the shock looks like that in the pic, it is definitely not bent. And that pic was taken before the crash.

If it would have been on asphalt my face and shoulder would be all messed up. Today I am basically sore all over, and my foot still hurts so I have to limp my happy ass to class.

I will fix the shee next time I go home, shouldnt take me too long.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...