banshee vs. new yfz 450r

Hey guys i gotta buddy with the new fuel injected yfz450r and were headed down to a dirt drag this weekend he is completely stock i on the other hand have full exhaust 2 into 1 carb pro design head 15t front sprocket 41t rear.....i've road his a few times since he had it it pulls ok but not as hard as the banshee hopefully i beat him because he's one of those cocky rich kids.......anyone got any input on this?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know, I hope you beat him, but those new 450's run strong out the box especially the fuel injected ones. You should put some dual carbs (28mm-35mm)and get your cylinders ported then you wouldn't even have to worry about it, you would blow his doors off.

i think you have a chance if you can get the power to the ground. you should race on pavement so that traction isnt an issue. also ditch those 2 into 1 carbs totally restrciting your ride

unless you have alot of road, they yfz will woop your ass off the line unless you got some stretched out n done up motor. Unless your racing an idiot. I stomp the shit out of anyone on a stock swinger with my yfz till about 250-300` then they have to catch up. alot of the time banshees will catch back up on the long run, but all the torque out of the hole is nice. In sand Ill even leave in 3rd and it just goes. In the sand you can really rev a banshee up into its power and keep the wheels in spin and whoop his ass tho. the 09 yfz has a better setup and more power than the previous years. just with a good pipe/jetting and easy mods, theyll break 50hp easy.

Funny thing.. My buddy got one of those new yfz fuel injected just the other day.. We took his and mine up 2 the dunes... I took him every run my quad is pretty much stock all its got is a set of t5s and all that good bolt on stuff... I have the traction (paddles) advantage tho.. And it was his first time out in the dunes... gatta love those high rpms on the shee

Sorry to say, if both riders are close in skill and weight, your shee is gonna get beat.

That thing will hook out of the whole and keep pulling. You might get him in the top of 6th gear...if the race lasts that long.

well i beg to differ just a bit. my buddy i have known for years bought a brand new yfz450,,he has been riding since he was 6 years old,,,2 strokes,4 strokes you name it. we had a good rain here and went out about 2 days after,,,ground was still moist. my shee juust has fmf's,k&n no lid, 28mm carbs and is tuned perfectly with ohtsus on the rear, his is bone stock. we dragged prolly about 10 times,,,i took him outta the hole 2-3 bike lengths every time in about a 300 ft drag and got him every time by about 2-3 bike lengths.........im not saying my shit is bad ass but i smoked him pretty good and he can ride.....