Blaster for warrior

bobdryerr

K one of my buddies has a 99 warrior an its pretty quick its been decked out pretty good. He bought a craptor 700r an well the warrior is a lil to big an power for his son an he wants to trade for my 03 blaster that's like mint condition straight up? You guys think it would b a good deal or you think I'd b gettin screwed.

ive had a pretty beefed up warrior before, with a 380 kit in it. it still would just keep up with 400ex. blasters are just as fast as a 400 i think. same amount of power and lighter weight. I also think that the power delivery on the 4 stroke warrior would be alot easier to handle than the 2 stroke blaster regardless of what is done to the warrior.

i say stick with the warrior.

ive had a pretty beefed up warrior before, with a 380 kit in it. it still would just keep up with 400ex. blasters are just as fast as a 400 i think. same amount of power and lighter weight. I also think that the power delivery on the 4 stroke warrior would be alot easier to handle than the 2 stroke blaster regardless of what is done to the warrior.

i say stick with the warrior.

the op has a blaster and he wants to trade it for a warrior the dude doesn't want his son on the warrior he said it had too much power and wants him on a blaster.

in my opinion depends on what your style of riding is i'd get the warrior they are both worth about the same amount of money, the warrior is a 4 stroke and can be riden just about anywhere and i think it's more dependable than a blaster "my opinion" everyone has one. i've had both.. ive actually had a shit load of atv's before if you want cash and someone will give you 1500 sell it for the 1500 that's a good deal. msrp in 99 on a blaster was 1499 bucks new or 1999 i can't remember it's been to long ago.

the warrior is something you can just kinda keep and always go start up and ride. not real powerful but something you can still have fun on, it's also quieter than a blaster. and more friendly

ive owned a warrior, 2 350x3 wheelers a 250r 3 wheeler, a 240r 4 wheeler, 3 banshees, a bombardier ds 650 a blaster a 300ex a polariz trailblazer 250, a z400 and road a 400ex, ive only seen 1 of the 450s run and that was about a year ago. they weren't out yet back when i was into riding i got a 250r about a year and a half ago, had it out twice, and got a banshee about 4 months ago and had it out twice. so i have a idea of how 4 wheelers handle/etc.. at least the older stuff. i had a yz400f dirtbike and liked it a lot, and a couple other dirtbikes, but i'm not getting into that. i'd go for the warrior or 1500 in my opinion. you can't go wrong. there not "great quads" but there dependable heres a video of me messing around on a warrior back in 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_pvpvAq824

Edited by x_doug_x

Keep your Blaster, it is a 2 stroke and it's light weight make it a fun bike to ride. Warriors are big heavy turds and they are gutless plus they are a workout to ride. I would much rather ride a Blaster. A brand new Blaster sold for 2899 in 1998 here in Oregon, that is what I paid for my kid's that I still have and the buyers guides at that time said 2999.

the op has a blaster and he wants to trade it for a warrior the dude doesn't want his son on the warrior he said it had too much power and wants him on a blaster.

in my opinion depends on what your style of riding is i'd get the warrior they are both worth about the same amount of money, the warrior is a 4 stroke and can be riden just about anywhere and i think it's more dependable than a blaster "my opinion" everyone has one. i've had both.. ive actually had a shit load of atv's before if you want cash and someone will give you 1500 sell it for the 1500 that's a good deal. msrp in 99 on a blaster was 1499 bucks new or 1999 i can't remember it's been to long ago.

the warrior is something you can just kinda keep and always go start up and ride. not real powerful but something you can still have fun on, it's also quieter than a blaster. and more friendly

ive owned a warrior, 2 350x3 wheelers a 250r 3 wheeler, a 240r 4 wheeler, 3 banshees, a bombardier ds 650 a blaster a 300ex a polariz trailblazer 250, a z400 and road a 400ex, ive only seen 1 of the 450s run and that was about a year ago. they weren't out yet back when i was into riding i got a 250r about a year and a half ago, had it out twice, and got a banshee about 4 months ago and had it out twice. so i have a idea of how 4 wheelers handle/etc.. at least the older stuff. i had a yz400f dirtbike and liked it a lot, and a couple other dirtbikes, but i'm not getting into that. i'd go for the warrior or 1500 in my opinion. you can't go wrong. there not "great quads" but there dependable heres a video of me messing around on a warrior back in 2000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_pvpvAq824

yea around here we only trail ride and i bought the blaster to ride untill i get me shee running an then it was gonna b my gf's but she has no clue on how to ride a 2 stroke an im affraid shes just gonna burn up pistons thats y i was kinda leaning torwards the warrior being a 4 stroke its pretty much idot proof if you know what i mean.

i know the warrior has plus 2 a arms a 2" wider rear axle the 380 big bore a fmf pipe works shocks all around.

my blaster is all stock but a vitos performance clutch and a fresh rebuild with about 15hrs of ride time on it so far.

yea around here we only trail ride and i bought the blaster to ride untill i get me shee running an then it was gonna b my gf's but she has no clue on how to ride a 2 stroke an im affraid shes just gonna burn up pistons thats y i was kinda leaning torwards the warrior being a 4 stroke its pretty much idot proof if you know what i mean.

i know the warrior has plus 2 a arms a 2" wider rear axle the 380 big bore a fmf pipe works shocks all around.

my blaster is all stock but a vitos performance clutch and a fresh rebuild with about 15hrs of ride time on it so far.

it's pretty much a no brainer either take the 1500 or go for the warrior. like you said your gf doesn't know how to ride, put her on a warrior to learn and she'll be set. it's a good learning bike, it will be easier for her to learn on, as it's prob. got more torque and won't stall as easy as a blaster will, also if she winds the blaster out in first gear that's not real good for it, a warrior it isn't gonna hurt. warriors are entry level bikes, but so are blasters. however like i said, the warrior is just a better all around bike. i went up in the mountains in kentucky, didn't change jetting and blew my top end 2 weeks ago. and was riding on rocks and shit it was a really rough ride for the r and since it was new trails and really rocky, there wasn't really much room to wind it out to cool it "however it's water cooled" i kinda wish i would have had a warrior up there it would ahve been more fun and i wouldn't have blown a top end.

your lucky to get 1500 for a blaster, take the cash!

Now that as I was think if I wanna b a dick I could sell my blaster to him for 1500 an then by my other friends 99 shee that he only wants 1700 for but I bet if I had that 1500 cash he'd take it. Hmmmm what to do. I'm just scared I'd miss the blaster that's my biggest thing that or know if I got a warrior I'd be part ofthe 89% of peeps who switched to a 4 stroke an I'd miss my 2 smoker cause that's what I've been around all my life.

Now that as I was think if I wanna b a dick I could sell my blaster to him for 1500 an then by my other friends 99 shee that he only wants 1700 for but I bet if I had that 1500 cash he'd take it. Hmmmm what to do. I'm just scared I'd miss the blaster that's my biggest thing that or know if I got a warrior I'd be part ofthe 89% of peeps who switched to a 4 stroke an I'd miss my 2 smoker cause that's what I've been around all my life.