Which shocks for YFZ front end?

Valin

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

not sure of the stock banshee tie rod length quikshee, what i can tell you is the that the tie rods (not including the ends) need to measure 13 5/8 inches to work on the 450 arms and spindles. i got the 450 tie rods when i bought the box full of parts, and they were too short as well and needed to be extended.

Im using the complete 450 front end (a-arms, spindles, calipers, hubs) and I am using ltr450 shocks and they work amazing. Ive got some pretty good air where before I would have bottomed out hard but these shocks soaked it right up. Also, I would like to point out that I have noticed no bump steer at all going quickly down very bumpy rocky trails in 3rd and 4th gear. This would be due to the much more positive caster that the 450 front end gives the banshee also causing the tight steering that some complain about but it helps auto center the steering much better and eliminates bump steer. Also the +2 banshee tie rods work just fine for the 450 a-arm conversion, lots of thread contact in the tie rod.

Edited by 03bansheeLE

Im using the complete 450 front end (a-arms, spindles, calipers, hubs) and I am using ltr450 shocks and they work amazing. Ive got some pretty good air where before I would have bottomed out hard but these shocks soaked it right up. Also, I would like to point out that I have noticed no bump steer at all going quickly down very bumpy rocky trails in 3rd and 4th gear. This would be due to the much more positive caster that the 450 front end gives the banshee also causing the tight steering that some complain about but it helps auto center the steering much better and eliminates bump steer. Also the +2 banshee tie rods work just fine for the 450 a-arm conversion, lots of thread contact in the tie rod.

How did you get the ltr shocks to fit? I bought a pair and they didn't even come close to fitting.

drewski, i'm curious as to which spindles you used for your swap? it looks like you used the yfz450 shocks? your arms are way more parallel to the ground than mine are.

bbc, i used the ltr450 shocks as well. i had to reverse the upper arms and use spacers at the shock mounts but even though its close, i do have enough clearance between the arms and the coils. like 03bansheele, i love my new setup, it eats up everything i have thrown at it. there are some pics of my shee after the swap posted on the first page of this thread.

i wondering if using the 450 spindles compared to the banshee spindles makes a big difference as well. thats why i'm asking which spindles drewski used, because his front end and my front end appear to sit way differently.....

drewski, i'm curious as to which spindles you used for your swap? it looks like you used the yfz450 shocks? your arms are way more parallel to the ground than mine are.

bbc, i used the ltr450 shocks as well. i had to reverse the upper arms and use spacers at the shock mounts but even though its close, i do have enough clearance between the arms and the coils. like 03bansheele, i love my new setup, it eats up everything i have thrown at it. there are some pics of my shee after the swap posted on the first page of this thread.

i wondering if using the 450 spindles compared to the banshee spindles makes a big difference as well. thats why i'm asking which spindles drewski used, because his front end and my front end appear to sit way differently.....

yo evro i just used the banshee spindles for the time being