lost to a 450 want to upgrade, couple ?s

UTYFZ350

Hey guys, went out 2 weekends ago with the shee running sand mountain Ut, i have to say my banshee still impresses me, however i finally got beat by a 450 (not a huge fan of 450s at all) prior to this my only losses were to alcohol banshees, turbod raptor, r1 swapped raptor, and a built predator on nitrous, well this 450 supposably only had bolt on mods which i called bs but his friends had stroker kits and this would still beat it, whether they were just makin it up or not it bugged me getting beat, so i would like to make it a little bit faster, what can i do? here are my current mods

Toomey t-5 pipes

pro design cool head

upgraded carbs

k and ns with outerwears direct to carbs

ricky stator stator/timing plate set at +4

what i would like is morepower/speed without sacrificing reliabilty, since i have had this bike its been 2 kicks and its alive, can i change domes in the cool head to increase compression and run race gas without having to retune? what would you guys reccomend?

What size domes do you have in right now? I have almost the identical setup and run 20cc domes. I ride at St. anthony dunes, so we are the same elevation. I have been running pump gas, my comp was 140/140. If you have anything bigger than 20cc domes you could gain some power there. I think after that you will have to port to get any real gain. I am in the middle of doing all that as we speak, should get my cylinders back from Kevin anyday now.

forgot to mention that, i think it has porting as it has engraving on it WMR on one side and like willy mac racing or something on the other which leads me to believe it does, any way to tell for sure? also im not sure which domes i have, when i compression tested i was at 140/140 as well

Edited by UTYFZ350

Everytime this question gets asked it always boils down to a port job,(if one hasn't been done)! You should go to herrjugsracing.com and check out the video section.

this one is my favorite, stock carbs and a dune port baby.

For $300-$350 how can you go wrong, I was going to get one my self but I got another banshee instead, so maybe soon now :biggrin:

Edited by oh6banshee

What size domes do you have in right now? I have almost the identical setup and run 20cc domes. I ride at St. anthony dunes, so we are the same elevation. I have been running pump gas, my comp was 140/140. If you have anything bigger than 20cc domes you could gain some power there. I think after that you will have to port to get any real gain. I am in the middle of doing all that as we speak, should get my cylinders back from Kevin anyday now.

I think yours went out today.

A simple way to see if any work is done is to take the reeds and intake off and look at the inside of the cyl. We cannot tell you what has been done, but we can tell you if something has been done or if it is still stock. If you have the cyl off, Kevin will be able to help with measuring to know how aggressive your port work is (if any).

Was the 450 stock that beat you?

and retuning after any mod is the smart thing to do.