Help...

So I currently traded my 98 cr125r for a 99 banshee and now I am having problems with the previous owner.

After I drove 3.5 hours to do the swap and spent about 4 hours talking to the guy and explaining anything and everything about the dirt bike. The bike started first kick and ran good. I looked over the banshee for a few minutes, noticed a few things that needed attention but decided on going ahead with the swap. So I loaded the quad on my truck and drove away.

The next day his friend starts texting me telling me that the bike is a piece of shit and that he is going to drive up here with his "8 cage fighting buddies" and kick my ass. These threats go on for a few hours and then stop. Yesterday I get a text saying he is in my town and is looking for me (which he was not) but started saying they were going to steal the quad back and beat my ass.

Later that night after no one shows up at my door I get a phone call from the guy I made the deal with saying that he is very upset and unhappy with the trade. He gives me his two options: "Either we trade back as is" or "we go to court" There was no swap of bill of sales or titles because the lack of one, but I have all the emails and text messages saved on my phone from the beginning of the deal that date back about a month ago explaining everything and anything that I knew about the bike and anything and everything he knew about the quad.

My question is does he have anything on me?

Fuck that dude.

He looked it over the best he did and i guess he is a fail and sucks at checking the proper things to look for and test when buying any used machine. Now he is mad at HIS stupidity and trying to blame it on you.

You cant just look at a machine on the outside and be like "oh its great, i will buy it cause it looks pretty on the outside." and buy the cock sucker. Nomesayin man?

I bet he fucked it up himself and hes blaming you for HIS FAIl... don't sweat it man, that banshee is ALL yours, nuff said.

And if he does take you to court (but he wont cause i can tell his a fuckin douche bag the way you just talked about him.) Just show the judge all the emails and texts and he will get laughed at and it will get thrown out...

Again, FUCK THAT LIL PUNK!!

Good day! :beer:

Edited by savage420

i say no.

if he was happy enough with the bike to take it away after you showing him it starts first kick, its his problem IMO.

hes being a dumb ass... do you know the reason that he traded a banshee for your bike?

maybe when he got home and test rode, he found out it wasnt as fast and adrenaline filled? if thats the case he should have called you and told you himself... straight... instead of his friends texting you. if i was you, id expect a calm and collected voice on the phone willing to work something out. not a hoard of assholes texting you. fuck him.

keep the texts just incase, did you reply to any?

if what i said is right, he needs to go back to retard school and learn about power to weight ratios.

hope things work out for you.

I know my dirt bike is legit. i know the first owner who bought it brand new at the dealership. I never got a title for it when I bought it and as far as I knew dirt bikes did not have titles.

I told him that I would report his threats to the authorities and he said they will not do anything about it. He said "its not a threat its a promise"

Also when the deal was made in person my girl friend was there and so was his mother and father. His father was the one that said it seemed to be a good deal and that it was a go if he wanted the bike. The kid rode the bike up to the house and leaned it against the garage and said we have a deal. They both helped me load the quad into the back of the truck, even invited us in for dinner (we passed because there was somewhere else we wanted to eat) and we took off.

Edit: also the deal was made at his house.

Edited by 88e30is

Ok, thanks guys. I know I didn't do anything wrong, I just didn't know the legality of the issue.

I called my brother (who is a big guy) when they said they were in town, and was like i think you should come over here I might need some back up. He pulls up and limps into my house, could hardly walk because he stepped on a huge nail at work. I laughed my ass off and said well thanks for the back up hahaha.

Thank you for all your opinions I just needed some reassurance on the matter. I will let you all know what happens.

I believe the saying is "Cavitus Empter", or " Buyer Beware". Dumbass either blew it up or crashed it. Lack of bill of sale might not have been the best thing but shouldn't be a problem. Mich cops wouldn't take a report when my son's YZ80 (1979) was stolen few yrs back because it didn't have title. I think Judge Judy would say "Kid your'e EFFED" Is there any one of us that hasn't regretted a deal after the fact? That's life. Keep us posted. Btw, if I recall, the banshee wasn't exactly perfect, no offense.

Thats perfect.

I traded my 85 Mustang 5.0 for a 99 Suzuki TL1000R, and after a week the kid wanted to trade back.......was saying he didn't think it was a "fair" trade. I told him tough....we wrote a contract, stating no trade back, if he crashed the car the trade still goes...and vice versa. If I crashed the bike......trade still goes, no questions asked.

Needless to say, I said fuck no to trade back, and all was well.

Take this as a lesson.......ALWAYS WRITE A CONTRACT TO COVER YOUR ASS. You both sign it, and there is no recourse for a indian giver.....

The bike wasn't a p.o.s. It could have used new plastics and a clutch lever. Other then that the bike was great. It just had a complete engine rebuild and new tires right before I let it go. I rode the bike for a few hours and decided to get a quad so I could ride with all my friends. He actually contacted me on Caigs list and offered the trade. I explained to him everything about the bike and the bikes history. He also rode the bike. After hours of him and his father looking it over they decided to trade.

Did I get the better deal? Yes I did. But when you trade or buy something you want to end up ahead.

Did I fuck him over? No I did not.

don't beat yourself up for getting a good deal man, and remember that possession is 9/10's of the law.

like everyone else said, save everything you have relating to the deal (texts, threats, e-mails etc) and then don't let it take up any more of your time until you hear from his lawyer or the cops. anyone who threatens to sick 8 cage fighting buddies on you hasn't thought far enough ahead to deal with getting "NO" for an answer.

just make sure all your toys are locked up, this guy sounds more like someone who would try to steal it or just vandalize your shit to get even.......

oh yeah, one more thing.....get out and ride the shit out of YOUR banshee :thumbsup: