help with start point jetting for new build

U-LOSE

okay just blew up the shee :( In the process of rebuilding. But I need help with the main jets. It is a 4mil stroker with stock carbs ,t5 pipes, k&n air filter no lid on the airbox. cool head 20cc domes 160 psi compression. The altitude is 700ft above sea level and 80 degree air temps. I think it blew up because of being lean . So what would be a good starting point?? Help please

okay just blew up the shee :( In the process of rebuilding. But I need help with the main jets. It is a 4mil stroker with stock carbs ,t5 pipes, k&n air filter no lid on the airbox. cool head 20cc domes 160 psi compression. The altitude is 700ft above sea level and 80 degree air temps. I think it blew up because of being lean . So what would be a good starting point?? Help please

I would start at a 340 mains and and go from there you should end up at 330 or a 320 and 27.5 on the pilot,start with the needle on the middle clip and around 13/4 to 2 turns on the air screws. :cool:

I would start at a 340 mains and and go from there you should end up at 330 or a 320 and 27.5 on the pilot,start with the needle on the middle clip and around 13/4 to 2 turns on the air screws. :cool:

okay thanks I was thinking around 320. The guy I bought it from had 270 mains in it I think that's why it when boom from being lean.

okay thanks I was thinking around 320. The guy I bought it from had 270 mains in it I think that's why it when boom from being lean.

320 may be a little lean for you. i'm running 320s in my bike as mains and 30s as pilots,, it's not running very rich and it'sbasically stock. it has a newrebuilt top end i put in, t5pipes/silencers and the airbox removed. filters on back of carbs. that's it and i'm 800 feet above sea level, i'd at least start with 350sand go from there.

I just got done putting a dune ported 4 mil together with t5's, stock carbs, pods, and 155 psi compression. Close to sea level I started with 30 pilots middle clip on the needle and 360 main jets. Its fat but does rev fairly clean I plan to work my way down from there.