Tire pressure for trails

i run 4psi up front and 3 psi in the rears. its hard to get my razrs to bite any higher than 3psi

thats because razrs are fuckin junk.. let me know when youre ready for new tires and ill get you lined up with something thats not overpriced and worthless.

i would stick to about 4 psi in the trails. things like rocks, hard corners, tree roots and stumps can pop tires off the bead.. id play it safe with around 4 or 5.

thats because razrs are fuckin junk.. let me know when youre ready for new tires and ill get you lined up with something thats not overpriced and worthless.

what tire would you reccomend for trails? i was thinkin of picking up a set of yfz stockers.

what tire would you reccomend for trails? i was thinkin of picking up a set of yfz stockers.

these right here. my brother just got his on the other day and just like i thought, they are pretty badass.. they hook hard as fuck, not too heavy and reasonably priced..

http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=174

honda%20radials.JPG

What is it with you and tires???? :biggrin:

I run Razrs on mt 02 with about 4 psi all around and like them just fine.

I have Holeshot HDs on my 2001, and I like them a little better but they are a lot more expensive. I run 4 psi all around on those too.

I'm guessing your still running those baragain basement Knarlies? Which are fine for tooling around, but I ran them for a little hare scramble in upstate NY, and thought they sucked for any serious trail riding. They didnt clean well at all after going through mud, even at low pressures, and they started to chunk the first day I had them.

4~5 psi should do you just fine for hard pack and dirt trails, but if its sandy or really muddy Id run closer to 2~3.

I'm guessing your still running those baragain basement Knarlies? Which are fine for tooling around, but I ran them for a little hare scramble in upstate NY, and thought they sucked for any serious trail riding. They didnt clean well at all after going through mud, even at low pressures, and they started to chunk the first day I had them.

youre guessing wrong. i dont run knarlys for anything other than my hillclimb bike because there is no tire out there that hooks harder than the cut knarlys.. that said, uncut knarlys dont hook for shit and the lugs are too close together.

ive been stating for quite some time now that stock yfz450 tires are a good all around tire to use. ive recently been pushing those tires i listed above.

FAST has them.. hit up Jeff. they hook hard and dont weigh too much. reasonably priced and you can get them from a site sponsor. what more could you ask for?

thanks loco. calling jeff tomarrow ive delt with him before.great guy and a great sponser