lock out tuning

quadgod211

Hey Turbo...

This guy runs 300 foot dirt and on a banshee.

Show me an NHRA or IHRA bike that is banshee twin based, running on 300ft with 4 wheels and I'll listen to anything you have to say.

Apples to apples.

OK, Grasshopper's butt cleaner. The clutch dropping was mainly meant for asphalt, but I did include sand. Apples to apples there are a Banshees using the same clutch management system as an NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle. As far as I can remember my quad although not a bike is NHRA legal and it routinely runs 300', but it keeps on going until 1320'. OH, I forgot you probably had a typo 300ft should have been 300ft of sand.

As for apples to apples comparison. I was also told our asphalt set-up wouldn't work on sand. We took the same basic principles and equipment. Went to Glamis and Dumont Dunes hill racing and silenced the nay sayers on their bigger quads. Now for listening to what I have to say, I never said you had too!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting...you're relating a couple thousand HP 1/4 mile bike's setups to a banshee's clutch setup.

mmm...ok.

And...unless my eyes are going...My post said this guy rides 300 foot dirt.

It's what is in his signature. So...no, it wasn't a type, I believe since I quoted his signature, it's correct.

Silence the naysayers at a event like Planet Sand with your asphalt setups...(also a 300 foot race, by the way, not a hill like Glamis) and I'll believe you.

Again.

Apples to apples.

Interesting...you're relating a couple thousand HP 1/4 mile bike's setups to a banshee's clutch setup.

mmm...ok.

And...unless my eyes are going...My post said this guy rides 300 foot dirt.

It's what is in his signature. So...no, it wasn't a type, I believe since I quoted his signature, it's correct.

Silence the naysayers at a event like Planet Sand with your asphalt setups...(also a 300 foot race, by the way, not a hill like Glamis) and I'll believe you.

Again.

Apples to apples.

You are out of touch with NHRA's Pro Stock Bike HP, but it doesn't matter. The same basic principles apply, slip the clutch initially and bring it in progressively down track.

Go back to the original ? I provided the proper answer for both asphalt and sand. You can cut the primary springs. I can't help someone got their panties in a twist.

The world doesn't revolve around Planet Sand. This is Banshee HQ not 300' dirt HQ. I have set records on the asphalt, love hill shooting and plan on running the West Coast Shootout if healthy.

You are out of touch with NHRA's Pro Stock Bike HP, but it doesn't matter. The same basic principles apply, slip the clutch initially and bring it in progressively down track

Go back to the original ? I provided the proper answer for both asphalt and sand. You can cut the primary springs.

thats what i wanted to know!!!!..lol

would you cut a full ring off or just a lil bit????

also my frame is stretched out the front 12 inches but i dont think that would help me much becuase in not getting traction to get up on the bar......i need to control wheel spin with the clutch

matt

Go back to the original ? I provided the proper answer for both asphalt and sand. You can cut the primary springs.

thats what i wanted to know!!!!..lol

would you cut a full ring off or just a lil bit????

also my frame is stretched out the front 12 inches but i dont think that would help me much becuase in not getting traction to get up on the bar......i need to control wheel spin with the clutch

matt

Matt,

I know very little about sand and nothing about dirt. The 1st and most important thing about your clutch. We need a baseline on what springs you are currently running and not cut anything.

there tusk springs from when my bike was a trail bike about 4 years ago...im guessing there hd

dirt hooks alot like asphalt...the track guy doesnt do much maintenance to the top end so its like shiny clay...

basically the 1st 100ft is dished up good...no 1 runs paddles on the track..just prowedges or terrain tracks....most stock bikes run ohstu's or cut turf tamers

its a struggle to keep traction all the way down

i guess i could adjust my pressure plate to slip a lil but wouldnt that weld the clutch rod and ball together????

i have to hold my brakes at the line becuase it pulls when im on the limiter.....

matt

I figured of all the genius responses someone would have told you to make sure to stretch the spring back out to original length after cutting. But that's just coming from someone who drops the clutch and goes.

Why not tell him the reason to stretch. The problem with cutting coils is coil bind.

The world doesn't revolve around Planet Sand. This is Banshee HQ not 300' dirt HQ.

Please do me one favor.

Read the original poster's signature (you know...the guy asking the questions) and then tell me how it's not relevant to 300' of sand or dirt.

Next, answer me what forum this question was asked in.

Drag Racing.

Thanks.

Please do me one favor.

Read the original poster's signature (you know...the guy asking the questions) and then tell me how it's not relevant to 300' of sand or dirt.

Next, answer me what forum this question was asked in.

Drag Racing.

Thanks.

I still answered his ? and yes it's drag racing and the same basic clutch principles apply. It worked for me on the hill and I will take the same principles to 300' sand. .

Get over your keyboard BS drama. I have nothing but time & you are cheap entertainment.

coil bind? sorry i dont cut my springs you'll have to explain. and google offered nothing either.

Ihave ran on ashpalt and have ran on 300ft ,500ft and 600ft dirt and always just dump the clutch and go. As for the springs i run all heavy and have extra weight added to the lockup fingers.I have never ran sand so i won't argue what works there and what don't.I do know I SlowerThanyou is an extremely knowledgable person to take advice from when it comes to anything drag racing and drag racing anything.

Hey Bryan i'm glad to see your much better and sorry to hear about your accident. I have'nt been on here much lately but i can see there's still the same old drama from the same old persons,lol.

Steve